Selling to overseas on eBay by MrB

MrB
I have listed my Xenon headlights for sale on eBay, as listed on here also in the for sale section.

I have a few watchers and persistent potential buyer from New Zealand.

I have clearly stated I will only sell to UK, but his persistence is making me consider him. Should I?

He is happy to pay the shipping costs etc. I'm just worried that when he receives them, he'll say they were damaged etc and I'll have to fork out for them to be returned etc etc.

What would you do? Especially as I'm only getting derisary offers from UK buyers.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 May 2011, 14:22 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If his feedback is good, then go ahead with insured dispatch, you won't lose out even if a problem arises. Use full retail price for insurances purposes.

Posted 26 May 2011, 15:25 #2 

MrB
Thanks Mick

Is there a particular courier you would recommend?

Anyone any idea on likely price?

Cheers
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 May 2011, 18:20 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 May 2011, 20:13 #4 

JakeWilson
Sold various parts to places all over Europe. The only time I've ever had issues with sellers is when they've been in the UK.

Posted 27 May 2011, 09:36 #5 

MrB
Royal Mail would want £65 for £500 insurance to New Zealnd. This buyer has a Feedback of 27

Have 2 other potential buyers, one in Russia with a Feedback of 7 and one in Latvia with a Feedback of 28

Wish a UK buyer would come in, it's doing my head in. Only other Xenons on there are £150 each plus postage or is a pair on at £400. Yet someone has come in with an offer of £150 against my Buy It Now of £250. Takes the mick. After PayPal fees and eBay fees at £250 I'll be lucky to see £200 in my pocket and they offer £150.... :mad1:
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 27 May 2011, 21:53 #6 

Poppy
Hiya. I have posted abroad several times... Belgium, Germany, Russia etc;. Okay not as far afield as you may.... But i personally would go ahead with it. The courier that i always use is...
http://www.interparcel.com/quote/ Just had a look and the cheapest is £72....Although i did put the weight at 10kilo...
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 21:30 #7 

MrB
Thanks Poppy. I might parcel em and weigh them.

Will check out interparcel too.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 21:33 #8