Rover 75 Pickup !! by DaveyC

DaveyC
If you have not spotted this thread on the other side.......

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 19:02 #1 

Cockaa
A bit too much wood going on there Dave :shock:
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 19:32 #2 

JohnDotCom
It would be alright on the river, a nice mercury outboard on that woodwork.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 20:39 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quite good apart from the excess of timber. Some people just don't know when to stop. I presume it's a diesel. No self respecting V6 owner would do that. Might be quite nippy with all that steel and back seats missing.
Most of the way toward a soft top 2 door coupé.

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 20:54 #4 

Cockaa
Are they jetta rear lights?

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 21:30 #5 

Tourerfogey
Oh dear - I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but the owner/builder mentions that he is awaiting notification of the date of his IVA test at VOSA (Any radically modified vehicle - and that specifically includes where a monocoque has been cut - has to be tested by VOSA before it can return to the road) however, there is currently not a category within the test for pick-ups so VOSA will be unable to test it.

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 22:51 #6 

persuer
Cockaa wrote:Are they jetta rear lights?

passat I believe

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 23:47 #7 

DaveyC
Gotta take your hat off for

A. Having the sphericals to do this

B. The standard of fit & finish

C. For showing it to owners clubs, who are notoriously sceptical of anyone tampering with perfection.

I take my hat of to anyone doing anything like this. I'm sure he will get it road worthy at some point.

Dave :-)

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 08:19 #8 

Cockaa
persuer wrote:
Cockaa wrote:Are they jetta rear lights?

passat I believe

Same lights pal ;)

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 18:22 #9 

DaveyC
Yep, VW rear lights. Well fitted. Would like to see them on a "normal" tourer......

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 18:40 #10 

Duncan
Wonder what stiffening has been done to replace that lost when the roof was cut. It could be horrible.

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 19:40 #11 

DaveyC
I would have thought that if you can plan a build like this, you can work out how to put the stiffening back in. VW's answer with the MK1 Golf which was in production for many years was to simply weld 2 large girders along each sill and they worked. I know I had a couple....

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 19:47 #12 

Zeb
Well fitted lights? Ok, they LOOK the part....excepting the fact there is no join in them so your tourer rear door would never open again... I guess as a show car / concept it is interesting. Obviously many hours of thought and work gone into it.

Posted 22 Nov 2013, 08:27 #13 

Cockaa
There is a gap in them Carl but it's not in line with the boot opening lines, as you say alot of hours have gone into it but it ain't my cup of tea :(

Posted 22 Nov 2013, 17:51 #14 

Jürgen
The rear lights are of a VW Passat indeed. These are separated into two parts each.

Posted 22 Nov 2013, 22:11 #15 

Zeb
Fair enough - there might be mileage in such a mod after all then! :-)

Posted 23 Nov 2013, 01:32 #16 

Tourerfogey
Somewhere I'm not allowed ;) . . . the owner says the tailgate isn't designed to open . . .

Posted 23 Nov 2013, 22:41 #17 

woolleysox
This is the second one I have seen a picture of .It would be quite a show stopper good luck to the folks if they ever build or complete it.
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 24 Nov 2013, 21:16 #18