Roewe 750 by PaulT

PaulT
Write up of a test drive from AR Online:

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2007/01 ... oewe-750e/

Interesting to note that they had decided to go with the pre-facelift design of passenger airbag.

Use of walnut in different places.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 08:37 #1 

Dave
This was from 2007 (although the two comments are from this year)

Wonder if it still looks like this now or if they have made radical changes?

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 09:36 #2 

Samarkand
The 750 has been updated and got a facelift. See: Image
Taken from their website :http://www.roewe.com.cn/roewe750/
and

There's even a hybrid version foreseen http://www.roewe.com.cn/roewehybrid/
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 06:55 #3 

Samarkand
Anybody knows if the engine and mechanicals can be installed in a 75/ZT? :em: :stirer:
Majed

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 07:02 #4 

Bermudan 75
What have they done to our lovely wooden dash? :shock:

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 08:57 #5 

Dave
Rover418275 wrote:What have they done to our lovely wooden dash? :shock:

And, to be honest, front end?

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 09:31 #6 

Samarkand
Personally, I like the newer front end better than their previous one. It sort of gives the car a smoother and more modern look.
Majed

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 09:50 #7 

Dave
Yep, I can see what you are saying there - it is better than the previous one!

But I still don't think it looks as nice as the original 75 MK1.....!

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 10:05 #8 

Bermudan 75
I like both the external and interior look, brings the car upto date, but just wish the dash had more wood.

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 10:26 #9 

Jürgen
Samarkand wrote:Anybody knows if the engine and mechanicals can be installed in a 75/ZT? :em: :stirer:

Most probably not. SAIC copied just the outer shaping when constructing this car. They didn't have access to any plans back then. The MG7 has been build with the old tooling by formerly NAC, meanwhile bought by SAIC.

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 11:46 #10 

carlpenn
Looking at the exterior, I kind of like it from a "Modern" persepctive, but I much prefer the 75's "Classic" lines. The interior is nice, but again, from a modern perspective. The thing is, that this Car is designed for Modern buyers etc, so if you kind of take that into account, its a cool looking car.

I do think though, the front has a rather "Audi" feel to it, which isnt bad in itself, but to us who love the look of the 75's front end, would be a turn off.

The 75 is now a part of history, it was never going to be recreated in its former style, this is good for us owners as we get to keep a unique and beautiful marque, while the rest of the world get to look on with envious eyes as their £30k plasti kits rattle and creak in the sun and cold......:p

I am personally glad they did not do a nut and bolt copy of the 75 / MG range, as it would make our cars just run of the mill, while the 75 may live on in a new form, we have the original and best versions :D :D :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 01:11 #11 

Jürgen
carlpenn wrote: The 75 is now a part of history, it was never going to be recreated in its former style, this is good for us owners as we get to keep a unique and beautiful marque, [...]

I am personally glad they did not do a nut and bolt copy of the 75 / MG range, as it would make our cars just run of the mill, while the 75 may live on in a new form, we have the original and best versions

Carl, I agree with you on these statements.

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 11:29 #12