Retail economics... Telegraph style. by raistlin

raistlin
I have been labouring under the misapprehension that a customer is entitled to that which they have paid for.

According to Telegraphonomic theory though, I'm quite mistaken.

I susbscribe(d) to The Telegraph online, on a monthly basis, that is to say that I pay them a certain amount of money and they allow me access to their online newspaper for that payment month.

However, I had the temerity to decide I didn't want the service after this payment month and therefore informed them and cancelled my direct debit with some 27 days of this subscription month remaining.

Mirabile dictu, my access to the newspaper was cancelled immediately.

Eventually I phoned them because I was getting no reply to e-mails, only to be told that the instant that I cancel, my remaining (paid for) subscription is no longer available. No wonder The Telegraph has a somewhat cockeyed attitude to national and international economics.

I am normally quite happy to argue my case to a telephone rep who is even marginally receptive to what the customer is saying. In this case, it became abundantly clear almost immediately that I was going to get nowhere.

Ah well, back to The Times than :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Sep 2015, 09:20 #1 

PaulT
Paul, they do not need to worry about losing and upsetting one subscriber - it is the majority that they need to worry about as circulation is plummeting like the emissions from a VW on test.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Sep 2015, 12:10 #2 

raistlin
Nice analogy Paul :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Sep 2015, 12:44 #3