Remotely yours ... by Chartermark

Chartermark
Had my 'remote' updated Sunday at the 'nano' meet at 'Teddy Bears'. So now as well as operating the lighting functions, it also works 2 of the 'memory settings' on the drivers seat.

I never realised how much I'd struggled in the last year or so as my mobility has decreased, until I used the last named improvement.

I'd actually begun to think that maybe the '75' was just 'a bridge too far' to drive, and that unthinkably we'd have too part?

Now it's a pleasure to get in and out of again.

How fortunate I've been in my life to meet two such talented and altruistic people as Paul (Raistlin), and Duncan.

They both worked all day without a break helping people. As long shadows were falling and a nip in the air was telling us to go, there was Duncan unpacking his tools, for the umpteenth time to help.

As I drove off, heater on full, I saw the dim shape of Paul clad in a 'T' shirt, head under bonnet - what a pair!

Thank you chaps, and Rob (Trebor) for rescuing me yet again, with the 'Glue gun' and a deft hand in the right place,

See you all in April ...

Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:44 #1 

Duncan
Glad you are happy with it.

It's the kind of thing I enjoy doing, and so much the better when it's useful!

See you at the next one.

Duncan

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:17 #2 

raistlin
What next for the Martin-mobile? :lol:

It was a good job to get sorted out Martin. Pleased to see it turned out to be useful.

There's not a lot about these cars that Duncan doesn't know about in terms of electrics... and just about everything else as well, I'm thinking :)

Don't forget that your system is now permanently live so you'll need to make sure you shut down the lights in good order or else you might end up with a flat battery :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 22:29 #3 

James.uk
I had a long ish chat with Martin and was amazed at all the elec wizardry that had been done on his car.. So I can but 2nd his vote of thanks, you have done wonders gentlemen.

My hat's off to you.. :hail:

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 00:19 #4