Programming Script by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Does anyone know how it would be possible to simulate the key press ctrl+esc into an executable script? I have a hot key on my tablet and I want to assign the function of ctrl+esc so it loads the start menu. Or is there another way I could do it?

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 06:33 #1 

al_dente
So you want to replicate the Windows button?

What sort of tablet is it?

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 13:15 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Yes, it's a big chunky thing X10D. I was selling it on eBay but decided to try and re-set it up for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) seeing as I was getting no end of grief from picky buyers. The software keyboard is causing the RDS software some grief, and if I disable it I have no way of getting into xp from RDS. If I can simulate the ctrl+esc press I can get in fine but it needs to be a program or executable script. The windows button on the keyboard doesn't work very well but if there is a way to shortcut to it in windows it might work.

Posted 16 Oct 2012, 14:04 #3 

al_dente
I've never used it before, but this might do the trick...
http://www.autohotkey.com/

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 10:16 #4 

Dave
Or a programme called "Macro Scheduler"

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 10:20 #5 

al_dente
Good suggestion. I've used Macro Scheduler before for automating some web tasks. I forgot that you can use it to create an exe file.

It would be really easy to create a simple script with this that would press CTRL and ESC for you.

If you don't want to learn how the program works, let me know and I'll reinstall the software and create an exe for you (not used it for a few years, but I still have a license somewhere).

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 13:14 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Ive had a look but you have to buy it, any chance I can take you up on your offer Al?

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 06:23 #7 

Dave
al_dente wrote:It would be really easy to create a simple script with this that would press CTRL and ESC for you.

If you do get hold of Macro Scheduler, the command you'll need is simply

Press LWinKey

Then this can be assigned to a hot key, which can be as simple as pressing F1

Good luck!

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 10:07 #8