Powerfold serious weirdness... by Hogweed (Page 2 of 3)

raistlin
Arctic wrote:
raistlin wrote:OK :) I understand that Steve is collecting them this week.

Hi Paul.
I will pop round Friday for them if that is ok as I have fencing to do tomorrow and Thursday as the winter weather as seen ours off. Arctic

OK Steve
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Mar 2014, 20:49 #21 

Hogweed
Arctic wrote:
takestock wrote:it is possible the loom to the mirror is not connected to the mirror :o does the glass get warm when ign on? the powerfold set up is on a different plug ;)

Hi Dave
This could be the case as the weather started to get the better of our good helpers etc so may have been missed Arctic.

Yes poor Ben was on his knees in the cold and wet for hours, and me standing around like a useless ornament, so I guess it's possible.

I seem to remember there are two sets of connectors which get pushed through a bit of foam, so maybe one of them didn't quite make it through... can I check by just pulling the door card off then unscrewing the mirror nuts and bolts?

Posted 25 Mar 2014, 22:25 #22 

Hogweed
takestock wrote:it is possible the loom to the mirror is not connected to the mirror :o does the glass get warm when ign on? the powerfold set up is on a different plug ;)

Checked the glass this morning and it felt warm to me... does that mean there's no point in my pulling the mirror off again to check the connectors? He said hopefully?

Posted 26 Mar 2014, 09:04 #23 

takestock
if the glass is warm then it is an indication the other plug is in, you just need to tease the plastic cover out in the inside of the door frame to see if the plug is in, no need for serious dismantling
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 19:27 #24 

Hogweed
takestock wrote:if the glass is warm then it is an indication the other plug is in, you just need to tease the plastic cover out in the inside of the door frame to see if the plug is in, no need for serious dismantling

Thanks... can you do that without taking the door card off? Mine is broken, and has a tendency to fall apart. It's an odd trim match too, so haven't seen one the same as a replacement :(

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 15:46 #25 

takestock
It can be coaxed out without removing the door card ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 16:00 #26 

Hogweed
Thanks Dave - I'm SO much better at breaking things than coaxing them, but I'll try ;-)

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 17:01 #27 

raistlin
Steve picked up your powerfold loom today :)
Paul

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 17:33 #28 

Hogweed
Aw thanks Paul, it's so good of you to do that for me!

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 20:24 #29 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hogweed wrote:Aw thanks Paul, it's so good of you to do that for me!

Dave we now need your postal address etc so drop me a pm or email Arctic

Hi Roger.
Sorry Dave was the one behind you I will post these off to you in the morning, special thanks to Paul cheers Steve
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 21:03 #30 

takestock
takestock Wins ;) :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 17:38 #31 

Hogweed
Yep ;-)

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 18:56 #32 

raistlin
So pleased the engineers sorted it out :lol:

Nice simple cheap fix though. :)
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 19:33 #33 

Hogweed
All I have to remember now is whether to cross the wires of the loom over or not...!

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 21:31 #34 

raistlin
Hogweed wrote:All I have to remember now is whether to cross the wires of the loom over or not...!

Which loom?
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 21:33 #35 

Hogweed
Oh, the bit you've made for me! Hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't had a look at it, but I'm sure I read a thread somewhere about crossing the wires over... or did I dream it, as Brian's Mum in Life of Brian said...

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 21:37 #36 

raistlin
If the door looms are wired conventionally there is no requirement to cross the wires :)
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 21:52 #37 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Roger.
Glad to here that the wiring loom that Paul made for you as arrived, I am sure if you need advice on how to fit them you will find it here cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Apr 2014, 09:20 #38 

Bermudan 75
Arctic wrote:Hi Roger.
Glad to here that the wiring loom that Paul made for you as arrived, I am sure if you need advice on how to fit them you will find it here cheers Arctic

I can vouch for that, electrickery stuff & powerfolds ! all you need is a hammer & chisel. :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 08 Apr 2014, 19:05 #39 

Hogweed
Rover418275 wrote:I can vouch for that, electrickery stuff & powerfolds ! all you need is a hammer & chisel. :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Oh, hammers and suchlike I am VERY good with. It’s getting little connectors into holes etc I struggle with – especially when I don’t know which ones go in which holes.

Usually I take it as an indication that there’s room for improvement when something goes on fire.

Posted 08 Apr 2014, 20:42 #40