Powerfold problems. by Bernard

Bernard
Thanks to Trebor's sterling and persistent efforts, the gear wear problem has been resolved and I have a solution (but not definitive) to the housing wear problem.

However, at the Nano-meet last weekend we saw what may be a new problem. It would appear that there may be a problem of the overload protection feature of the operating relay cutting the power from the motor. Symptom shown so far is that the motor operates correctly once or twice and then just clicks with no more movement.

Rob (Trebor) and I would very much like to have any feedback on this, especially from those who have fitted new gears. In fact any feedback at all.

I am trying to source some new relays so that I can experiment with the dodgy motor that I have at the moment but really do need some input on any other similar experiences.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 May 2014, 16:19 #1 

raistlin
No problems to report. Still on original gears on both sides.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 May 2014, 16:27 #2 

Bernard
Good to know, Paul. As you may infer from my post, it would appear from the spec. that the relay does drop out under overload as I opined at the weekend. However the actual value is not specified as such, it's just in the product description. I'm fairly certain from purely a look-see observation that this is what is happening. I will set up a test rig to measure the current drawn by the motor but would appreciate knowledge of other occurrences before going too far with this.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 May 2014, 17:02 #3 

raistlin
Yes, that's why "nil returns" are also important in making a statistically significant decision, hence my post above :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 May 2014, 17:47 #4 

JohnDotCom
Mine were running fine but drivers side now doesn't close just makes a awful racket for a couple of minutes before stopping.
Passenger side fine.
Dare say it's the gears which I purchased some time ago.
Have to wait till I can get some help nowadays, oh how times have changed.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2014, 18:09 #5