Poll as requested by zojosc AKA Andy by Mick

  • Related topics: (no related topics)

"New Version" forum front end.

Like it?
17
68%
Dislike it?
1
4%
Ambivalent?
7
28%
 
Total votes : 25

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
You are able to change your vote should you change your mind at a later date. How cool is that?

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 11:08 #1 

User avatar
Jürgen
Who's to bribe to get the results tampered? :mrgreen:
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 14:12 #2 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
Bump

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 10:36 #3 

User avatar
zojosc
After all our effort Mick! this is a very poor turnout from the electorate but at least I had the option to change my vote six times.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 10:58 #4 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
No matter Andy, as I said earlier. The new version will very soon be the default, reasons for exposing it as an option is to troubleshoot any problems that might have been missed during construction and trials by us.
So far only one has come to light. That being a typo, discovered by Jürgen.

This is a testament to the incredibly conscientious way Simon goes about his business. This has been in production by him alone for several months and in my view he deserves all the praise that's going.
Most users really don't care one way or the other what it looks like or how it performs as long as they can navigate the pages and view the content. That's not a criticism just a fact of life. :)

For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 11:20 #5 

User avatar
zojosc
Just jesting Mick and the request was very much tongue in cheek in line with an obsession with polls elsewhere. ;)

As you say Simon's efforts are much appreciated and also all the efforts you all put in to make this the enjoyable site it has become.

43% quicker will be much appreciated as I tend to forget what I have clicked on by the time it has loaded. :-D
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 11:42 #6 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
Thank you and keep taking the tablets. :lol:

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 12:01 #7 

User avatar
Jürgen
Mick wrote:For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Sorry, I can't confirm that. Looks like an exaggeration in marketing speech. :lol:

You should know the facts, it's up to 42% faster now. :mrgreen:
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 12:06 #8 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
Are you sure? ;)

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 12:07 #9 

User avatar
Jürgen
Let's ask a management consultant. :lol:
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 14:57 #10 


PaulT
Online
First impressions can be misleading....

I belong to another forum covering a completely different issue and the owners made a major change. Total and absolute uproar. Now though, in reality, I think it is better than the original.

So I will not vote until I am used to the change and then my vote will be an informed one.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Image

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 15:46 #11 

User avatar
Samarkand
I can confirm that the page loads faster, being here in Cairo with slow net connections usually. It's appreciable as sometimes the connection gets cut for few minutes then gets back... Good job :)
Majed
Image
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 05:12 #12 

User avatar
Dave
Jürgen wrote:
Mick wrote:For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Sorry, I can't confirm that. Looks like an exaggeration in marketing speech. :lol:

You should know the facts, it's up to 42% faster now. :mrgreen:


I made it 42.31% actually Jürgen!

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 11:57 #13 

User avatar
Jürgen
Dave wrote:
Jürgen wrote:
Mick wrote:For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Sorry, I can't confirm that. Looks like an exaggeration in marketing speech. :lol:

You should know the facts, it's up to 42% faster now. :mrgreen:


I made it 42.31% actually Jürgen!

Dave, may I ask you to publish your scientific data please ... :ugeek:
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 12:00 #14 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
Do I detect a modicum of urine extraction in this topic? :lol:

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 12:10 #15 

User avatar
Dave
Jürgen wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jürgen wrote:
Mick wrote:For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Sorry, I can't confirm that. Looks like an exaggeration in marketing speech. :lol:

You should know the facts, it's up to 42% faster now. :mrgreen:


I made it 42.31% actually Jürgen!

Dave, may I ask you to publish your scientific data please ... :ugeek:


I've got a spreadsheet with it on somewhere..... ;)

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 12:16 #16 

User avatar
Dave
Mick wrote:Do I detect a modicum of urine extraction in this topic? :lol:


As if! :D

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 12:16 #17 

User avatar
Jürgen
Dave wrote:
Jürgen wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jürgen wrote:
Mick wrote:For example, nobody has noticed that the page loading times are up to 43% faster than previous iterations. :lol:

Sorry, I can't confirm that. Looks like an exaggeration in marketing speech. :lol:

You should know the facts, it's up to 42% faster now. :mrgreen:


I made it 42.31% actually Jürgen!

Dave, may I ask you to publish your scientific data please ... :ugeek:


I've got a spreadsheet with it on somewhere..... ;)

... and almost certainly it's been marked confidential. :censored:

:gmc:
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 12:40 #18 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
The new version template is now the default. If you you wish to use the old "2011" style you can switch back to it in your user control panel. We will continue to make this available for a short while.

Thanks to all those that voted.

This Poll and Topic is now closed

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 10:10 #19 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Top