Plenum Shield Mod - Take 2 by DaveyC

DaveyC
Many of you will have the excellent spyhole mod on your plenum covers, so you can easily rod the plenums to get all the crud out that builds up in there.

This got me thinking, why not stop most of it getting there in the first place?

I bought Jules' shield for the driver's side about 12 months ago and its worked a treat.

Where I live we have trees overhanging the drive and there are 2 big trees in our garden that have lots of blossom. I seem to have to clear leaves out from the scuttle panel each time I get in the car. The passenger side had a handful of leaves in it this morning!

So, I was in the garage and moved some boxes looking for a box of clips.

I found this, which I bought from B&M for 99p and had forgotten all about it:

This got me thinking, I could cut this to fit on the passenger side to help stop most of the build up.

Ten minutes later on and I have the finished job

I have cut another 6 and plan on bringing them to the Nano on Sunday if anyone wants one? I would have done more but I ran out of the mesh.

Dave

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 10:41 #1 

Bermudan 75
Yes please Dave.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 14:23 #2 

kandyman
Best ideas are always the simply ones.

Well done.

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 15:59 #3 

DaveyC
Rover418275 wrote:Yes please Dave.

Cheers

Mike

Collar me when i get to the Nano on Sunday :-)

kandyman wrote:Best ideas are always the simply ones.

Well done.

Well i was beginning to question why I bothered posting this on the OC (minus the offer of ones at the Nano). so far I've had its been done years ago and there is no where for the leaves to get in on that side as there is a bulk head there.

Really kicking myself for posting on there. Its reminded me why i have joined this site.

Dave

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 16:39 #4 

WillyHeckaslike
I don't mind if something has been done before, always nice to see other efforts as sometimes a better way of doing it can come to light. Nice pics and well done regardless. :cheers:

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 16:27 #5 

Colvert
A piece of sponge with large holes wedged into place works OK too. Lets water through but stops the leaves.

Easy to clean as well.

Posted 18 May 2016, 19:21 #6