Opening ceremony half way through.... by stevemac (Page 2 of 2)

JohnDotCom
We thought it crap from begining to end other than the Bond bit.
A very slanted view on british history, and the NHS beds scene should only have had two nurses!!
Must admit to giving up several times but Dodo said don't worry it's still as bad as ever. As for the firework display seen so much better in so many countries, even in London at one of the New Year gigs.
Just a differing view, also not that I watch it but Eastenders Christmas edition with Den & Ange had more viewers as pointed out in several papers and before the choice you have with satellite, and of course many other events.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Jul 2012, 22:23 #21 

Dave
Rover418275 wrote:I remember many years ago seeing Frank Sinatra singing some of his well known songs when he was of OAP age, it was embarrassing. I feel the same when that ex-Beatle and Elton John sing songs from their more youthfull days. And just who was that person murdering the hymn Abide With Me?

Turns out it was Emeli Sande who is normally pretty good (See this Community post)

Posted 31 Jul 2012, 12:02 #22