OK you plane fans by PaulT

PaulT
This afternoon saw two planes flying over reasonably low - there was an airshow nearby.

They did not appear very large, slender fuselage, quite pointed at the front with two small 'winglets' at the front and narrowish rear wings sweeping back past the rear of the fuselage - sort of delta shape.

Any ideas what they were?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Aug 2014, 16:21 #1 

ceedy
saab viggen ???
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 10 Aug 2014, 17:03 #2 

PaulT
Ceedy, not the Saab - the front 'winglets' seemed virtually straight and not tapered. The rear wings started very near the back, did not taper and swept back behind the rear of the fuselage.
Paul

Posted 10 Aug 2014, 17:50 #3 

raistlin
With straight canards, not a Typhoon then.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Aug 2014, 18:35 #4 

PaulT
Just looked up canards and yes.

They looked fairly small planes and very peculiar - and not really like a 'conventional' fighter if they were or perhaps aerobatic aircraft. A friend described them as looking like UFOs. The rear wings were not very wide and had the appearance that they came back at 120 degrees to the fuselage.
Paul

Posted 11 Aug 2014, 07:43 #5 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Just looked up canards and yes.

Sorry Paul. The other name is Foreplanes... but when I talk to my students and mention foreplane the tend to misunderstand ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Aug 2014, 08:03 #6 

ceedy
not one of those beechrafts ??

Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 11 Aug 2014, 10:38 #7 

PaulT
Ceedy, yes, it may have been like that but the canards (Paul no need to apologies - can be no misunderstanding when the correct term is used) I thought were not swept back.

The annoying thing is I had my phone with me and could have taken a picture.
Paul

Posted 11 Aug 2014, 16:13 #8 

PaulT
Ceedy thinking about it more I think they were the Beechcrafts - they were flying away so with that and being up in the air the canards may have looked as though they came straight out.
Paul

Posted 12 Aug 2014, 15:13 #9