Ok so... by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
We are amidst perhaps the wettest drought in history...the water companies are leaking like sieves - 3.3billion litres, so the regulator is going to let them continue like this for another three years.....riiiight...

Posted 08 May 2012, 06:00 #1 

baconbuttyman
:scared: and your point is :gmc:
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 08 May 2012, 08:18 #2 

Zeb
baconbuttyman wrote::scared: and your point is :gmc:

Good point. Well made...silly time of the morning is my only excuse..:D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/water-firms-3- ... 38653.html

Posted 08 May 2012, 08:35 #3 

Borg Warner
Instead of wasting money building a rail line from Brum to London, which most don't want and don't need, spend it on building a water national grid. People in work and get we get a "transport" system which would benefit everyone.

Posted 08 May 2012, 08:49 #4 

JohnDotCom
TOCs would disagree as many lines are now at maximum capacity, need many more additional miles added.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 May 2012, 20:52 #5 

Duncan
Wouldn't normally enter the fray on this. But trains are not viable for many to use. Since our local station, and indeed one of the local lines, were axed by Dr Beeching, it's a 20 minute drive, a three times a day bus, or a £20 taxi (each way) to the nearest stations. So apart from the odd trip to London, the only time I can sensibly use trains is when I go abroad where they still have useful local services. Upgrading the service will do nothing for me, even though one end of HS2 is very close to me (almost walking distance).

Posted 08 May 2012, 20:58 #6 

PaulT
Zeb wrote:We are amidst perhaps the wettest drought in history...the water companies are leaking like sieves - 3.3billion litres, so the regulator is going to let them continue like this for another three years.....riiiight...

Unfortunately whichever regulator it is does not seem to have a backbone and lets the industry that they are regulating walk all over them.

In one of the Sunday papers is a feature whereby people right in about financial matters. The guy who answers it often comments that he has warned about a particuar company for a couple of years and the FSA are still deciding whether to stop the company.

Then you have the company that fails and the old directors buy the remaons of the old company, without its debt and carry on trading.

Then you get HMRC who let companies off millions of pounds of tax......

But, if it was Joe Public then they will come down like a ton of bricks.

As a PS, that man Dr Beeching had two sides to him - he cut thousands of miles of railways making it harder for people to get about but he enabled a large number of steam preservation societies to be set up.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 May 2012, 13:55 #7