Oh woe, no dough by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Most Magistrates' Courts have, shall we say, regular clients :)One of ours is a woman of 24 who is an inveterate shop lifter. Never any trouble, always pleads guilty but never has any money to pay fines. Apparently, on a very limited income from benefits and with the added disadvantage of four young children (we've been told).

Last time she was in my Court we threatened her with a full means enquiry as her means form was so clearly a pack of lies, which elicited an immediate and slightly more realistic indication as to her finances.

I was in Sainsbury's today waiting in the queue to pay for my newspaper and this particular woman was in front of me, and I watched in disbelief as she bought £60 worth of lottery tickets and scratch cards.

On turning away from the till she saw, and more importantly, recognised me. I never said a word but I think she suspects what might happen next time she appears before me in Court... and, going by experience, it won't be long :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:58 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Could it be an underlying gambling problem that brings her so regularly to your court?
No doubt she will not be offered time to pay next time around. :lol:

Posted 14 May 2011, 15:04 #2 

Zeb
Well.....I think she is doing her very best to put herself in a position where she need not shoplift....once she has her big win of course....:D

Posted 14 May 2011, 15:42 #3