Oh really? by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
We had a power cut here this evening. Started about 17:00 and affected some 250 houses in the area.

I found out from Western Power where the fault was and as it was only 300 yards away, ventured up the road to have a look.

There was definite smoke damage at the front of one of the houses and a Western Power truck was parked outside with the driver seemingly dozing inside the cab.

He told me that they couldn't do a thing until the householder arrived as they needed access inside the house to trace the problem. I got the impression that he thought somebody had been diverting electricity.

Anyway, I made a comment that it could go on for a while and he said:-

"I'll give it an hour and if the householder hasn't turned up, I'll get the gaffer to arrange for a Magistrate's warrant of entry. We can't have this many houses off power for very long"

"Mind you" he mused, "God knows how long that will take either. You'd be lucky to get a f***ing Magistrate to sign a warrant this time of night. They just can't be arsed... unless their power was off as well. Then they'd be quick enough"

I agreed that such a circumstance would probably engender a rapid and enthusiastic response.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 19:54 #1 

Duncan
Just brilliant. Where do you sign?

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 20:16 #2 

kandyman
I would of loved to have seen his face if you told him you were one :clap:

Posted 15 Oct 2013, 06:10 #3 

Borg Warner
I quite possibly knew him????

All they had to do was trace the service outside cut it, pot end it then restore it.

Would have taken a jointer over here about an hour. Including having a cup of tea.

Black Country jointers - hopeless since I left.

Gary M.

Posted 15 Oct 2013, 17:31 #4 

raistlin
Borg Warner wrote:All they had to do was trace the service outside cut it, pot end it then restore it.

I think that's what they've done today as the front lawn of the house and the public footpath have been dug up.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Oct 2013, 17:46 #5