Nobody there... by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Now you see why I was worried about my EWS (Engine immobiliser (EWS from the German, Elektronik WegfahrSicherung)) unit !!! :-D :-D :-D :lol:

Chris

quote="Monk"]Hahaha!!

I've been waiting almost two weeks for something to be delivered by Royal Mail. Since then I've ordered some items from the US and Hong Kong and both arrived before Royal Mail. Hong Kong was advertised as 21 days and came in 4! Impressed was not the word! Royal mail was advertised as two days and err well!![/quote]
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 11 Dec 2012, 16:20 #21 

raistlin
Following on from the debacle with DPD in post 18, the retailer phoned me today and said that he was refunding the price of the item.

I was a little surprised as it was apparently signed for according to DPD.

The retailer told me that he demanded an investigation, starting off with seeing the actual signature which constitutes "proof" of delivery.

DPDs immediate response was to arrange for him to claim the full costs, rather than produce the required documentation.

That's how much they trust their "proof of delivery" then. Either that, or refunding £180 plus shipping charges was the simplest way out of the situation.

Don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that there was no DPD delivery at the college post room that day and there was no record of any DPD vehicle being permitted access.

I would love to have confronted the driver with the so called proof :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 17:50 #22 

Dave
On a related topic....

We've bought a whole heap of our presents from Amazon this year (as we usually do). As I'm never sure when we'll be in, I have the default delivery address set to my mum's house, as she's pretty much always in

I've got a free trial of "Prime" at the moment, and knowing my mum was going to be out on Thursday (as I was taking her out!) delayed an order on Wednesday long enough to push the delivery date over to Friday (yesterday). I'd warned my mum that there was set to be around 5 parcels coming, and when I spoke to her at 17:30, only three had. I checked on "track your parcel" on Amazon and it implied that the rest were still due.

I've just checked and it says that the last parcels were delivered at ..... 22:11 last night! Now as it happens, I'm not too worried about this, as my brother and sister-in-law were staying over last night. However, is it acceptable to deliveries this late at night, especially considering my mum is nearly 80! Technically, I guess they could have delivered up to midnight.... :evil:

I think I might be complaining....

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 13:22 #23 

JohnDotCom
Deliveries are now up to 22.00 we've had two delivered around then this last week. Past my bedtime.
It's to ensure all deliveries are done.......if you are up still!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 20:57 #24 

raistlin
I had one delivered at 05:25 earlier this year.
Paul

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 21:53 #25 

Dave
It now turns out (after having spoken to my mum) that the deliveries were made as 10:11, not 22:11

However, it states that this was on Friday 13th December, when it was actually this morning, Saturday 14th December!

As it happens, this makes no difference to me, as I am getting Prime for free, and also as there wasn't a personal deadline missed for me. If I was paying though, and if I'd perhaps missed a birthday for example, it might be another matter!

No point complaining about the courier anyway, as it turns out to have come in the regular post!

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 22:56 #26 

raistlin
"Amazon Logistics" are actually APLE - of the same ilk as Yodel and Herpes :(
Paul

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 23:10 #27