New TV by kandyman

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Anyone got a 3D TV ?

As a treat to myself and the family last week I brought a 50 inch Samsung plasma 3D TV model PS50c680,It also has wifi so I can stream pictures/music and videos from my main PC :)

I have had a 42 inch plasma HD TV for the last 4 ½ years but the new TV is fantastic and makes watching TV a joy again.

I have been watching some of the films and programs on the sky 3D channel and also sky anytime, I watched a 3D program called Bugs that was about the savage world of the praying mantis that was so detailed that it had Georgia going ewwwwwwwwwww. :shock:

I have seen the Haye Vs Harrison fight as this was the first fight to be filmed in 3D, I felt I could get in the ring myself and give Harrison a slap. :hissyfit:

Avatar 3D is on this week and is meant to be the best 3D film ever, I cant wait to watch this, On Christmas day there is a David Attenborough program on called Flying Monsters where he embarks on a journey into the past to explore the ancient world of the pterosaur a flying monster that ruled the skies over 200 million years ago,

Attenborough is the king when it comes to wild life documentaries :hail:

So if anyone's been thinking about getting a 3D TV, Go For It you wont be disappointed :thumbsup:

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 22:47 #1 

This may be a daft question - do you need to wear those daft 3d glasses

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 22:49 #2 

There only daft if anyone sees you,

Yes you do have to wear them, doesn't take long to get use to wearing them.

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 23:13 #3 

kandyman wrote:
Attenborough is the king when it comes to wild life documentaries :hail:

I always wonder why he is not a Lord yet his brother is.

His brother has entertained as an actor yet David has educated millions in such a superb way.

PS congrats on the TV - keep meaning to go in to a dealers to see what 3D TV is really like.

"Don't think of them as problems, think of them as opportunities."
"OK, I think I've hit an insurmountable opportunity!"

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 07:45 #4 

Nice one Andy

You could watch it in the back of your Limo for complete luxury :D

Seasons Greetings

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 10:16 #5 

(Site Admin)
You can get decent quality 3D glasses for about £60 - £85 these are light in weight, look just like a normal pair of glasses and have decent lenses which for a extra £60 a pair can be corrected for short sighted people.
If you buy six pairs you can get a discount.
I have the Sony 3D 46" LED (Light Emitting Diode) TV with a AE 7:1 surround system speakers and seperate amplifier etc.
Looks and sounds Great as Andy says.

Now just have to sell the Samsung 46" top of range unit. :gmc:

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 11:45 #6