New Purchase.... by Mischief

Mischief
After finishing the repairs on the engine and getting all new brakes, I Decided to splash out and bought me some leather memory seats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221175850002

Question 1 for those who know, are all electric memory seats heated or no?

Question 2 does anyone know how to install/wire them

After this i will be saving the money to get the paintwork and bodywork done got a quote of £600 for the whole car to be done at 5 ways repairs Crown street Wolverhampton.

John
Regards
Chief

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 16:34 #1 

Duncan
I'm pretty sure they will be heated too. Easy enough to check. Are there yellow, and orange / white wires in the big plug underneath?

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 16:41 #2 

Mischief
Yes there are so on the hunt for switches now :-D
Regards
Chief

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 16:43 #3 

dattrike
Mischief wrote:Yes there are so on the hunt for switches now :-D

I've got a pair of heated seat switches you can have.PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post.

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 19:22 #4 

Mischief
Thanks dattrike you got a pm, hows your exhaust since we put those straps on it at the meet? i cant wait for the next nano gonna be the usual fun :-D
Regards
Chief

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 19:28 #5 

dattrike
Got home ok, must of cracked the flexi though. I bought those leather seats from Cardiff for £51 (think it was you posted them on OC), when I picked them up in the Tourer, the gent also had a nearly new centre pipe and back box for a V6,so I bought them for another £50. Took the saloon to a longlife place in Worcester, they replaced the flexi with a stainless one and made the back box fit onto my existing centre pipe for £80. So all in all for £181 now have a leather interior and a nearly new exhaust.
It's just passed the MOT with no advisories so well pleased with it!!

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 19:55 #6 

Mischief
dattrike wrote:Got home ok, must of cracked the flexi though. I bought those leather seats from Cardiff for £51 (think it was you posted them on OC), when I picked them up in the Tourer, the gent also had a nearly new centre pipe and back box for a V6,so I bought them for another £50. Took the saloon to a longlife place in Worcester, they replaced the flexi with a stainless one and made the back box fit onto my existing centre pipe for £80. So all in all for £181 now have a leather interior and a nearly new exhaust.
It's just passed the MOT with no advisories so well pleased with it!!

Wow nice going there, i thought £100 was good for my seats lol i am thinking i need a new exhaust also i noticed today the first skin has nearly gone on the backbox, ebay is usually the place for me to find bargains ;)
Regards
Chief

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 20:00 #7 

Mischief
Completely lost looked at many how to's and guides I need help with the seats got no clue where to start :(
Regards
Chief

Posted 20 Jan 2013, 22:30 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
You have now :thumbsup: as i have that little bag of seat looms i can let you have ;)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Jan 2013, 22:39 #9 

Mischief
lol hey Steve your a star as usual Rear seats are in and looking great :-D
Regards
Chief

Posted 21 Jan 2013, 22:42 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
I have found the wiring it out i will PM or email you with the details pick up etc later they have the earth still attached as i try and take part out in full not cut or rip them of the car ;) few pics for you below Arctic.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Jan 2013, 23:01 #11 

Mischief
Just what i need :-D replied to you as always you have just what i need Steve, Back seats look great in the car as soon as i get these wired in and ready the car will look the dogs bits ;)
Regards
Chief

Posted 22 Jan 2013, 00:07 #12 

Mischief
Seats are in :-D just got to get that wiring from you Steve and that's it, i set the front seats up to where i need them for now till i get a clear day to do the wiring ;)
Regards
Chief

Posted 23 Jan 2013, 17:50 #13 

Mischief
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Drivers seat is now fully working with memory and heater Hopefully passenger side wont be as difficult to lay the loom as its not going as far and through as many trim pieces

Thanks to Arctic, Dattrike, Devilish and many others for the great advice on wiring them up.

Only thing left to do after the passenger seat wiring is to give her a good clean and take some pics to share....

John
Regards
Chief

Posted 03 Feb 2013, 16:51 #14 

Arctic
(Trader)
Excellent work John a nice gained skill you can share at the meets now :thumbsup: cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Feb 2013, 03:41 #15 

Mischief
Arctic wrote:Excellent work John a nice gained skill you can share at the meets now :thumbsup: cheers Arctic

Yup and i will be showing it off at the next meet :-D
Regards
Chief

Posted 04 Feb 2013, 11:17 #16