New MGB . . . from China by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 12:34 #1 

pob06
Marmite
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 12:54 #2 

takestock
like the front, don't like the back, just where did those rear wheel arches come from !!
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 12:59 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Has the Mail got it's facts wrong? I understood this was a design concept and as such much of it will not pass into production. There are some aspects which really make it for me and others which should be consigned to the art departments archives. The rear wheel arches for example, would make a great jelly mould.

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 13:04 #4 

Tourerfogey
Mick wrote:Has the Mail got it's facts wrong?

The Daily Mail? Got its facts wrong ? Surely not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 13:22 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:
Mick wrote:Has the Mail got it's facts wrong?

The Daily Mail? Got its facts wrong ? Surely not :lol: :lol: :lol:

My tongue firmly pressed up against my cheek. :lol:

I'd be more inclined to accept the information on AROnline rather than the gutter press.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2012/04 ... n-concept/

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 13:29 #6 

PaulT
Two different reporters obviously looking at different cars - I am with you Mick as which to accept.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 14:14 #7 

podge
What on earth !!!!!!
Well our little beauty is going back on the road this Summer................6years rebuilding too........

Posted 24 Apr 2012, 20:13 #8 

carlpenn
It's vile.

Looks like a squashed BMW Mini with an MGB Gt Grille stuck to it as per front view, then they popped over to Nissan and borrowed a Juke back end and Duct Taped it on.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 25 Apr 2012, 23:09 #9 

PaulT
carlpenn wrote:It's vile.

Looks like a squashed BMW Mini with an MGB Gt Grille stuck to it as per front view, then they popped over to Nissan and borrowed a Juke back end and Duct Taped it on.

But it is a concept and would change for production.

As an example, and sadly something that did not make it in to production and also known as P6BS:

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2011/06 ... 9-gallery/

If anyone has seen the prototype/concept (which drives and is road legal) it is very different to how the production car would be.

If it is going to make it to production then I assume the manufacturers will be listening to all the feedback, especially from potential customers, and using that to influence the final product.
Paul

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 07:18 #10 

JakeWilson
Have to say I quite like it. HOWEVER, I'd prefer if they'd used that styling for a sports car instead of a 4x4 - have it alot lower and with a nice 5.0l V8! :-D

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 10:58 #11 

Jürgen
Just a 5.0? Jake, you're not serious, are you? Anything less than 6.5 isn't worth looking at! :mrgreen:

BTW, the design, ahem, not my cup of tea ...

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 13:49 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As far as affordable concepts goes, this is much more what MG should be aiming for. IMNSHO

Alfa 4C

alfa4C.jpg

alfa-romeo-4c-concept-2011-2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 15:13 #13 

carlpenn
Mick wrote:As far as affordable concepts goes, this is much more what MG should be aiming for. IMNSHO

Alfa 4C

alfa4C.jpg

alfa-romeo-4c-concept-2011-2.jpg

Now that is a Car I could have on my Driveway, curvy, sleek and smooth looking, Unlike me.............:p
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 17:20 #14 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:

As an example, and sadly something that did not make it in to production and also known as P6BS:

If anyone has seen the prototype/concept (which drives and is road legal) it is very different to how the production car would be.

If it is going to make it to production then I assume the manufacturers will be listening to all the feedback, especially from potential customers, and using that to influence the final product.

I appreciate that, but it does kind of remind me of the Simpsons Episode where Homers rich brother lets him design a Car for "The Working Man" and Homer creates something that looked awful :p

The Car in the Link is actually quite cool looking, almost like a Lotus Elan front end etc. Not purely "In your face" designing ;)
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 17:21 #15 

PaulT
carlpenn wrote:
PaulT wrote:

I appreciate that, but it does kind of remind me of the Simpsons Episode where Homers rich brother lets him design a Car for "The Working Man" and Homer creates something that looked awful :p

The Car in the Link is actually quite cool looking, almost like a Lotus Elan front end etc. Not purely "In your face" designing ;)

NME possibly has a passable front but the rear is not production standard.
Paul

Posted 26 Apr 2012, 18:36 #16 

JakeWilson
Jürgen wrote:Just a 5.0? Jake, you're not serious, are you? Anything less than 6.5 isn't worth looking at! :mrgreen:

BTW, the design, ahem, not my cup of tea ...

Very true Jürgen!

A few summers ago my father and I sketched out plans for something that looked a little similar to the above and we'd agreed that BMW's V10 would be the best lump for it - now one of those in a ZT-T! Hmmm, yes please!

Posted 27 Apr 2012, 11:42 #17