New MG6 car by jamesgreen

• Related topics: (no related topics)

jamesgreen

me i n the MG6 at Goodwood.Got the tickets from mgmotor i suppose as part of there launch plans to tempt people to buy the new car.
In all honesty it isnt as nice as the ZT but i guess we all have to start somewhere.It is though a cracking little car and should be cheaper than a focus when launced.also there is plenty of legroom in the rear as well as well as up front so i hope they make a success of the brand.
I did ask what the plans were with the mg7 got a rather blank look and was told that it wont be in this country as it is outdated and they plan to stop production soon (other people have said production has stopped it hasnt as yet but is iminent).

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 20:44 #1 

JohnDotCom
The biggest problem I can see for the photograph is
they must learn where to put the Steering wheel for the UK. :) :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:39 #2 

jamesgreen
hmmmmm
forgot about that isuue with the left hooker.yes it may be a sticking point for the uk.But you never know it might be a new european directive?????????????
hey ho but what a good day i had at goodwood only thing is the food stalls did decide to rip tyhe back out of there prices £5 for a bacon roll £2.50 for a bottle of pop. and £3.00 for a 99 icecream hhmmmmm big rip off

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 16:42 #3 

Jürgen
jamesgreen wrote:hmmmmm
forgot about that isuue with the left hooker.yes it may be a sticking point for the uk.But you never know it might be a new european directive?????????????

Haven't you heard it yet? The new law will become applicable on 1st January 2011.
http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys ... x?pLang=EN

:stirer:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 16:56 #4 

Jürgen
jamesgreen wrote:In all honesty it isnt as nice as the ZT but i guess we all have to start somewhere.

From the pictures I've seen so far, it's quite different from former MGs. It's just the brand name, sticking on a completely different type of car. It is a really difficult task to build on the famous past. And for now, I doubt the Chinese will be successful.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 17:03 #5 

jamesgreen
unfortunetley this is the chiniese spec car which by our standards is a bit dull.
mg promise that the european version will be of a qaulity we are used to.
i hope for the sake of longbridge that they do succed but i also have doubts.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 17:26 #6