New interior on the way! by calibrax

calibrax
Just bought myself a Monaco Blue interior on eBay... 'as new' condition... for just £63 :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0666404849

Been waiting for nearly 2 years for one of these to turn up in good condition, finally got one at a bargain price! not only that, it's not far from me so I can pick it up so no courier costs 8-)
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 11:39 #1 

Zeb
That'll look nice...I have been waiting that long for a Monaco red rear seat set up...for a Mk2 Zt-t...hen's teeth comes to mind.. :roll:

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 17:34 #2 

calibrax
Picked this up today. Original plan was to remove my passenger seat and the rear seat before going to pick it up, but the torx bolts were too tight for my crappy T50 torx allen key. But still managed to get everything in the car, including the door cards!

The seats are in excellent condition, just need a bit of light cleaning to get the storage dust off, so I'm very pleased!! Here's the front seats, they have some dents in the leather due to the way they were stored... anyone know any tricks to get the dents out?

Driver's seat

Passenger seat
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 12:43 #3 

Chartermark
From Google;

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 211AAoXf2V

Read all the posts, there is a a way to do it. I tried this method 30+ years ago (no google then) acting upon the advice of an upholsterer.

It took several goes, and that doesn't matter, what does is not to 'cook' the skin, but it did help a lot. I was working with Connolly hide (Bentley S3), which was very thick I remember, - hope this helps - ... good luck ...

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 13:13 #4 

calibrax
Chartermark wrote:From Google;

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 211AAoXf2V

Read all the posts, there is a a way to do it. I tried this method 30+ years ago (no google then) acting upon the advice of an upholsterer.

It took several goes, and that doesn't matter, what does is not to 'cook' the skin, but it did help a lot. I was working with Connolly hide (Bentley S3), which was very thick I remember, - hope this helps - ... good luck ...

Thanks for that, Will have a go if the dents don't come out by themselves after a week or two.

Those photos don't really do it justice... my camera was on charge so I used the camera on my Blackberry. Here's a better one now my camera has charged up... gave the seat a quick of a brush down, they're still a bit dusty though. I'll probably get them valeted once I've fitted them in the car.

They really are very good, not quite "as new", but certainly the best used set I've seen. There's a very small tear (about 1cm) on the outside of one of the seats, but it's not on a part that comes into contact with the person using the chair, so it should be an easy repair. :)

And of course for £63, I'm not complaining anyway!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 13:40 #5 

raistlin
Stop harping on about them and get them fitted Steve ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 14:42 #6 

calibrax
raistlin wrote:Stop harping on about them and get them fitted Steve ;)

I would if I could get the feckin bolts out!! Got a mate coming round one evening this week to help me with them, he has better tools than I do :)
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:43 #7 

raistlin
calibrax wrote:
raistlin wrote:Stop harping on about them and get them fitted Steve ;)

I would if I could get the feckin bolts out!! Got a mate coming round one evening this week to help me with them, he has better tools than I do :)

It'd be great to see some pictures once they're in Steve :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:58 #8 

SpongeBob
Then bolts are really tight sometimes. I remember slipping with the spanner when removing mine and taking a rather big chunk out of my finger on the offending bolt :( Don't forget to use a dab of thread lock on them when you refit them.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:35 #9 

calibrax
Some better pics of the new interior...

Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:09 #10 

takestock
Oh, they look absolutely superb, and a giveaway price too. Happy days :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:21 #11 

MrB
They do look superb, and a steal at that price.

You must be very pleased.

Need to take my seats out, to dry out under the carpet, but my T50 is very loose in the bolts. Did they ever use a different size? T55 maybe?
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:29 #12 

takestock
I'm sure I have been told it is a T50i ?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:31 #13 

MrB
takestock wrote:I'm sure I have been told it is a T50i ?

You sure that's not just the Apple version?? :gmc:

Will check out the various parts emporia to see if there is a special T50, i or otherwise.

Cheers Dave
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:33 #14 

calibrax
I had a T50 torx allen key and it was very loose in the bolts and was in danger of rounding them off. My mate came round with a proper set of torx sockets and it was a good snug fit. My fault for buying cheapo tools I guess!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:40 #15 

MrB
calibrax wrote:I had a T50 torx allen key and it was very loose in the bolts and was in danger of rounding them off. My mate came round with a proper set of torx sockets and it was a good snug fit. My fault for buying cheapo tools I guess!

Cheers.

Mine aren't cheap, part of a Halfords Professional kit, but I guess it might be worth investing in another T50 socket to see if it's a better fit.

Are some Draper Professional ones on eBay at £5 a piece plus postage. Might try one of those.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:46 #16 

calibrax
MrB wrote:
calibrax wrote:I had a T50 torx allen key and it was very loose in the bolts and was in danger of rounding them off. My mate came round with a proper set of torx sockets and it was a good snug fit. My fault for buying cheapo tools I guess!

Cheers.

Mine aren't cheap, part of a Halfords Professional kit, but I guess it might be worth investing in another T50 socket to see if it's a better fit.

Are some Draper Professional ones on eBay at £5 a piece plus postage. Might try one of those.

Hmmm, just checked with my mate, his set is Halfords Professional... maybe your bolts were swapped to a different size by the previous owner?
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 19:13 #17 

Zeb
Just out of interest.......the seat bolts are supposed to be replaced for new ones if they are removed....trouble is, Rimmers tell us new ones are no longer available... :confused:

I have a Halfords professional T50 and they fit my bolts well...but not Mrb's...no idea why...

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 20:09 #18 

Last edited by Zeb on 25 Sep 2010, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard
Zeb wrote:Just out of interest.......the seat bolts are supposed to be replaced for new ones if they are removed....trouble is, Rimmers tell us new ones are no longer available... :confused:

I have a Halfords professional T50 and they fit my bolts well...but not Chrisb's...no idea why...

I think that it's only because they are coated with a dry screw-lock. A drop of liquid screw-lockon the old ones if you are concerned.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 20:54 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
They look splendid. :thumbsup:

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 22:21 #20