National planned for the POL weekend by the Owners club. by James.uk (Page 2 of 2)

stevemac
raistlin wrote:
seems a little self-defeating and plays right into the hands of the nano-meet haters.

Paul

There really isn't any Paul. Rob's right, there is room for both meets and people can make a choice. It's not even about being loyal to one forum or another. I fully support and enjoy both. As I am not really interested in cars or aircraft, I find going around a museum of them a bit boring so I would probably drift towards the Nano if they clashed. No hidden agenda, just my personal choice. I can't ever remember meeting a single OC member that has any concerns with the Community and/or the Nano's. Paranoia does seem to be a built in human condition tho' :D Long live both forums and all sorts of meets, but if dates clash then you make a choice based on how you feel at the time. IMHO, of course.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 14:45 #21 

starbug2
[quote= just for the record, i don't mind who i get drunk with :D :D :D[/quote]
there's hope for me then :thumbsup: :cheers: we will see how things sort out and we may find things may change...

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 17:50 #22 

Duncan
stevemac wrote: As I am not really interested in cars

:o

:?

:shock:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:19 #23 

stevemac
Duncan wrote:

Sorry, I'm not. Now, put a computer in front of me.......... :D
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:25 #24 

SpongeBob
stevemac wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Well, in that case you're in luck because you'll need one to use any of said forums :D :lol: :gmc:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:28 #25 

raistlin
stevemac wrote:
Duncan wrote:

How about a car computer? :mrgreen:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:28 #26 

stevemac
SpongeBob wrote:Well, in that case you're in luck because you'll need one to use any of said forums :D :lol: :gmc:

Nah, never been on them.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:35 #27 

raistlin
Just as a matter of interest, I'm wondering how many people would like a Nano-Meet after POL on a regular basis?
Paul

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:18 #28 

goodlittlewifey
We would always be up for a nano meet, no matter when it is, and if its at the same time as the POL even better

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:21 #29 

woolleysox
goodlittlewifey wrote:We would always be up for a nano meet, no matter when it is, and if its at the same time as the POL even better

I also agree with that and hope the POL and nano weekend will be on again next year. :cheers: :unionflag:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:44 #30 

starbug2
woolleysox wrote:
goodlittlewifey wrote:We would always be up for a nano meet, no matter when it is, and if its at the same time as the POL even better

I also agree with that and hope the POL and nano weekend will be on again next year. :cheers: :unionflag:

i may even remember what route to take ...... while at this point i won't decide on car events next year , in general any car meet with our fellow club or community members is something to consider as most are a very nice lot and a good laugh and often helpful :thumbsup:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:59 #31 

takestock
I'm happy to attend a nano any and every time there is one if I can make it :) .

The question is, why cause a situation that will undoubtedly lead to people being seen to have to make a choice between one or the other? Yes it's nice to have a full weekend but as shown in the international nano thread, nano organisers can organise that no problem.

There is no need for confrontation on who organises what on what date. Common sense needs to prevail here.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 05:55 #32 

Last edited by takestock on 21 Apr 2011, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Any time for me, health and wealth permitting.

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 09:11 #33 

stevemac
takestock wrote: Common sense needs to prevail here.

:iagree: Absolutely.

Nano's are great whenever they are :D
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 10:19 #34 

Merl
Dates permitting I will always try to make a Nano :D

The only club meets I really enjoyed were Rob's chasewater meets... then I had to take a break from the car stuff :(

But I'm getting back into it all now so will always try to attend a Nano! Great like minded people who are too trusting and even let me do things to their cars!!
Martin

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 16:52 #35 

raistlin
The nano-meet 'elders' had a well-earned pint or two at Four Ashes this afternoon at which things nano-meetish were discussed :)

The results of some of those discussions have been explained on the international nano-meet thread but one particular point was also raised which needs to see the light of day here.

There will be a nano-meet day at Four Ashes on the day immediately following POL next year. The discussion, and decision, was totally non-political and focussed entirely upon the function of the nano-meet. Rob, Lyndon, Mick, Steve and I would all be obliged if those facts were taken as read. None of us will allow the nano-meet to become a political football :) I believe that Rob will be making a similar post on the Club forum.

The reasons are really quite simple:-

1. This year's event was a roaring success, by anybody's standards.

2. Several people have made it abundantly clear that they desire a link between POL and Nano-meet in the form of a joint weekend next year.

3. The nano-meet is not affiliated to any other organization and stands upon its own independence, making its own decisions.

4. The nano-meet concept is to foster co-operation between owners of the 75 and ZT marque, in a practical way... and to have a cracking good time :D

5. Nano-meets are open to all who own or appreciate the 75 and ZT models of the MGR marque.

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen :)

Finally, the nano-meet "elders" sincerely, and with no reservations, wish both the Club and the Community, from whence we draw our nano-meeters, every success with whatever events they have planned :)
Paul

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 18:58 #36 

Duncan
Looking forward to it already.

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 21:19 #37 

Bermudan 75
Rover418275 wrote:POL weekend? Have I missed something?

Polish Off Licence ??????

Ah got it

Pride of Longbridge !

:gmc:

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 21:43 #38