My turn for the alternator. by Duncan

Duncan
Yep, another diesel alternator dies with no warning. Not because of oil spillage either!

That's my weekend done for. At least it's not the depths of winter so I could drive the 8 miles home without too much worry.

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:47 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Does seem to be a spate of them.

I've got a new spare in the garage, bought it off a very nice chap at a Nano for £20.00. I think I was the umpteenth person he'd offered it to and I was in two minds. Knowing what they cost now I think I got bit of a bargain. Hope I don't have to use it too soon.

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:51 #2 

Duncan
I have a brand new spare for the V6 in the boot. The diesel ones are expensive cos they are RUBBISH!

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:53 #3 

PaulT
Still at least it is a nice easy job on a diesel
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:54 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
:stirer:

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 16:55 #5 

Duncan
Well with the break for the unscheduled rain, took about three hours. An extra difficulty was the autobox oil cooler on the newer models which gets in the way of moving the aircon compressor about, but still not as bad as a job as I was expecting. Now working fine again, just the V6 to fix now as the suspension started making horrible noises on my way back from Rimmer Bros on Saturday and the satnav has stopped working.

Posted 01 Jul 2012, 19:00 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You can fix the V6 in slowish time now the tractors working again. I read somewhere about your Rimmers excursion. ;)

Posted 01 Jul 2012, 19:24 #7 

Duncan
Yes, though I'm worried the Tractor might go again, being fitted with the 'bombproof' Beemer engine.

Posted 01 Jul 2012, 19:44 #8