My new rad came today by cymrudragon

cymrudragon
Chuffed to bits now , me new rad has come bought it from here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-MGZT-MGZ ... 2a0577552b

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 16:49 #1 

Zeb
Looks a good price! Hope the fitting goes well....

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 17:10 #2 

cymrudragon
Zeb wrote:Looks a good price! Hope the fitting goes well....

hope so zeb never done one on such a big car with all the bits, didnt have this problen years ago , 2 bolts and the rad was out on my R5 :D ....oh well dont know till you try as they say ( dont know who said it though)....PS any addvice will be greatfull so feel free....andrew thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 17:15 #3 

Zeb
cymrudragon wrote:
Zeb wrote:Looks a good price! Hope the fitting goes well....

hope so zeb never done one on such a big car with all the bits, didnt have this problen years ago , 2 bolts and the rad was out on my R5 :D ....oh well dont know till you try as they say ( dont know who said it though)....PS any addvice will be greatfull so feel free....andrew thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I am sure Jules has done a How-to...anyhow, it looks a huge job but isn't...you'll need to make a cutaway on the LH side of the fan housing for the aircon pipes - it saves a regas as you don't need to disconnect the pipes this way. Expect some seized nuts on the slam panel...shouldn't be too bad though! Removing the bumper...you need to be quite forceful along the sides. Good opportunity to check all pipe work for rubbing, wiring for chaffing and possibly to fit Jules' resistor mod.

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 17:25 #4 

Last edited by Zeb on 04 Aug 2010, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

cymrudragon
thanks zeb ., seen the how to from jules hope its that simple , didnt know about cutting for air con pipes so cheers for that Andrew.... Off out now to soak all the nuts/bolts with WD40 just in case

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 17:30 #5 

Zeb
cymrudragon wrote:thanks zeb ., seen the how to from jules hope its that simple , didnt know about cutting for air con pipes so cheers for that Andrew.... Off out now to soak all the nuts/bolts with WD40 just in case

When you cut the plastic surround to free the two pipes...be careful as the plastic can be quite brittle!

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 17:47 #6 

Andrew
Well how did it go? or did i miss the post, do tell.

Just realised this all happened a while ago, too many posts and too many forums lost track, going to lie down in a mellow room now, bye.

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 10:34 #7