MOT by Mick

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Number 5, 1 advisory, the back-box is slightly deteriorated.
It'll be slightly more deteriorated by next year. :)
The car is now 7 years on the road and still in tip top condition. :D

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 10:41 #1 

takestock
Surprised it keeps passing with that little loose nut behind the wheel :D

Nice one matey :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 11:08 #2 

JohnDotCom
Not surprised Mick you look after it, (and don't drive far ;) :-o )
Good news no expenditure.
They have been putting about the back box for last few years on mine to, or just verbally say. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 11:45 #3 

mark d3
the first skin on my backbox has totally disappeared but the cars 11 year old they have advised every year it looks rough my reply is its double skinned fail it when it starts to blow which it hasn't so until it does it keeps passing the mot
mark

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 20:57 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
mark d3 wrote:the first skin on my backbox has totally disappeared but the cars 11 year old they have advised every year it looks rough my reply is its double skinned fail it when it starts to blow which it hasn't so until it does it keeps passing the mot

Exactly my plan of action Mark. :D :D

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 21:11 #5 

Tourerfogey
Mick, to put some perspective on this how many miles does your car cover per year and is it normally kept garaged or outside?

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 21:46 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Evening TF. 51K miles averages 7,286 miles per year. The last two years have been just under 5K, It's garaged, gets all the servicing it needs. Hopefully things will last a good while yet.
The first three years it was parked on the road.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 22:23 #7 

JohnDotCom
Well my exhaust is still original and has covered coming up for 200,000 miles so you should be OK for a good few years more.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 00:20 #8 

Tourerfogey
a while back I had to re-weld my exhaust at the manifold flange because it sheared!

The Cat then broke up at 37,000 miles so the front section has since been replaced

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 18:31 #9 

PaulT
As per John but my car would seem to have a few more miles on it - will turn over 200,000 tomorrow. Exhaust system all original and still seems OK. Having said that what will happen now......
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 07:23 #10 

John Robins
Mick wrote:Number 5, 1 advisory, the back-box is slightly deteriorated.
It'll be slightly more deteriorated by next year. :)
The car is now 7 years on the road and still in tip top condition. :D

Apart from dents in the roof !
John .

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 11:25 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dents on roof and bonnet were attended to by Dent Devils some three years ago John. Do keep up. :D :D

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 11:43 #12 

JohnDotCom
....and the bumper? :) :gmc:
John

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 17:54 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:....and the bumper? :) :gmc:

I've got a spare hanging up in the garage. It's been there for 2 years, I may get around to fitting it one day, but not soon. I like to take my time over these decisions. :D

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 17:57 #14 

JohnDotCom
Having it is the main thing Mick. :-D
John

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 18:01 #15