MoT & Power wash system by Bermudan 75 (Page 2 of 3)

Cockaa
Rover418275 wrote:
raistlin wrote:So what are you going to do about your MOT MIke?

As I understand it from the AA website, the power wash is only part of the MoT if you have HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights, mine are standard so I should be ok.

Cheers

Mike

I was under the impression that if they were fitted then they had to work Mike but i could be wrong, I normally am :(
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 18 Sep 2013, 17:16 #21 

Chuckles
Can I jump in here? (On the side!!!)

I fitted the power wash system some time ago - never worked, but when at the Four Ashes Nano last year it was discovered (not sure exactly by who) that power was going to the pump but it wasn't working.

I replaced the pump, tried up to 9 or 10 screen washes with the headlights on still not working. My 1999, 2 litre Connie, I was told had all the BBUS and others ready to go (pre Project Drive) and didn't need a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System). Perhaps it might need it after all, or could it be a jammed non-return valve somewhere?

I am getting nervous, as after a year of SORN, the MOT is Saturday and I fitted projector headlights replacing the standard ones recently.

Do you think I will be a MOT Failure candidate for none working headlight wash?

PS Can the gear wheels for adjusting the lights be bought anywhere?
Chuck
Chuck; Dorset UK.
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent! I now have its Granddad ... A 1963 P5 Coupe'

Posted 25 Sep 2013, 18:24 #22 

Duncan
I seem to remember I found the pump not working. You were missing a relay too, but we fitted that.

There are two codes, one to add bbus, one to say it has lamp wash. However when we added bbus to Paul Ds car at the Nano, I didn't spot the lamp wash code, so only changed bbus coding using T4. Maybe some BCUs require both codes changing?

Posted 25 Sep 2013, 18:50 #23 

Chuckles
Duncan, your memory is second to none, it all comes flooding back (SORRY NO PUN INTENDED)!
I bought another pump (new), two infact and bench tested them first. so I am sure now I have a working pump. The thought crossed my mind that the water lines may be blocked, if a Non-Retun valve is in line.

It was the fact you found a current in the pump power line that has given me the thoughts that the pump is at fault here (again). Do you think another trip "up North" is worth while? I don't think there is anyone local to me.
Chuck
Chuck; Dorset UK.
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent! I now have its Granddad ... A 1963 P5 Coupe'

Posted 25 Sep 2013, 19:01 #24 

Duncan
We could probably have a good look at it at the Nano, though I'm not yet sure I can get there. Lets confirm closer to the date.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 17:16 #25 

Chuckles
That sounds very good, Duncan.
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 17:48 #26 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:We could probably have a good look at it at the Nano, though I'm not yet sure I can get there. Lets confirm closer to the date.

I think there will be somebody there to sort it out one way or another Duncan :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 17:52 #27 

Cockaa
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:We could probably have a good look at it at the Nano, though I'm not yet sure I can get there. Lets confirm closer to the date.

I think there will be somebody there to sort it out one way or another Duncan :)

Hope so:(

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 17:54 #28 

Duncan
Well maybe we can do a group install / fix? I have to do mine too.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 18:03 #29 

Chuckles
Hey! this sounds like a marathon! looking forward to learning more about these cars..... Perhaps a handbrake mod, and the fully remote locking/window closing bits - I have a couple of Paul's (I think!) PCB (Printed Circuit Board)'s that I have not used.
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 18:09 #30 

raistlin
Chuckles wrote: and the fully remote locking/window closing bits - I have a couple of Paul's (I think!) PCB's that I have not used.

Which fully remote? :)

Which Paul? :)
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 18:19 #31 

Chuckles
I think it is yours Paul, I bought the setup for the powerfolds, then got the door switch!!! so I am looking to add the remote control that shuts windows? - its not that important, but someone, somewhere might want what I have. When I get a minute I'll look it out to see what it is.
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 18:59 #32 

raistlin
OK Chuck. You know that those items are no longer produced don't you? Might be an heirloom... eventually :lol:

What ever you have, I'm happy to help with :)

It'd be good if you could tell me what you actually do have when you've checked :)
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 19:26 #33 

Chuckles
Will do .........
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 19:29 #34 

Cockaa
If i was to fit my headlight washer jets this weekend, would it be ok to plug the wiring in at the washer bottle end whilst the bumper is off?
I know i can't plug in the BBUS until it is t4'd but wondered if this would be ok?

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:19 #35 

raistlin
Cockaa wrote:If i was to fit my headlight washer jets this weekend, would it be ok to plug the wiring in at the washer bottle end whilst the bumper is off?
I know i can't plug in the BBUS until it is t4'd but wondered if this would be ok?

Yes.
Paul

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:25 #36 

Cockaa
raistlin wrote:
Cockaa wrote:If i was to fit my headlight washer jets this weekend, would it be ok to plug the wiring in at the washer bottle end whilst the bumper is off?

Yes.

Thank you kind sir :hail:

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:33 #37 

Duncan
Like Paul says, yes. So long as it's not connected at the other end. If it is, you need to be 100% sure the alarm doesn't get triggered or it will probably run the powerwash pump when the alarm goes off.

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:35 #38 

Cockaa
As it is it's plugged into the standard non BBUS alarm/horn Duncan, there is a seperate plug visible nearby which fits the BBUS & i have a spare washer pump plug located next to my washer bottle, i'm assuming this is the wiring required for the headlight washer jets??

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:39 #39 

Duncan
Yes. The thing is, there's only one relay, and the standard alarm horn and the spare plug are both connected to it. So while it's programmed as having a standard alarm horn it will output power to both of them if you set the alarm off. It will deter the thief, though!

Posted 27 Sep 2013, 18:47 #40