Micro Switch for Key fob Needed by Dallas

Dallas
Hi guys and girls :D I don't suppose any of you would have a spare Micro Switch for the keyfob, mine actually has fallen out of the key-fob casing. :confused:

I am going to purchased x2 new replacement key fobs as my originals fobs are falling apart quite badly, found a seller on ebay who is selling original specification Rover 75 key fob which come with a blank blade. So will need to get the blade cut and transfer my circuit board and transponder over to the new case. Trouble is! one of my micro switches (the unlocking one) has fallen out through the broken rubber button area. :rolling:

Any help will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Kind Regards Wes.

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 17:41 #1 

takestock
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 18:10 #2 

Dallas
Thanks Dave :thumbsup: I even done a search on ebay and could not find any :roll: are these easy to fit (do they need to fit a certain way around) when soldering?

You say Maplins also sell them! so these are not specific for Rover 75 then, must be a universal switch.... ;)

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:02 #3 

takestock
They fit any way around, they are only a switch, never bought any from maplins myself but i believe others have :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:23 #4 

Dallas
Hi! Guys :D

Managed to source a Micro Switch from a fellow club member (thanks to Chris) :thumbsup: micro switch is now fitted and new key fobs and blades ordered and received, plus the new key blades now newly cut and fitted in the top part of the new fob cases.

Problem now begins! we seemed to have a problem with the bottom part of the fob case where the transponder chip sits. The chip just drops out as there is no little stopper retainer clip at each end on the case to stop the chip falling out. :confused:

Plus the circuit boards also do not clip in surely, both retaining clips at each side are not molded at the correct measurement I would say.

Looks as though these fobs are cheap poor quality copies......... :mad1:

Has anybody had the same problems when buying a new replacement key or keys ? Is there a mod so to stop the transponder from falling out besides using GLUE! :whump:

Posted 27 Apr 2011, 14:26 #5 

JohnDotCom
Other than buying a complete correct new key, I believe not.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 27 Apr 2011, 16:57 #6 

Dallas
Hi! John, I've used blue-tack :panic: seems to have done the job. :lol:

I cant believe how bad these duplicate fobs are, a quick look they look the same but on a close inspection you can see the differences especially when you are trying to fit the fob, blade and electrics together etc.

These were purchased from a seller in the UK which this is also where the fobs are made so I am told! eeerrrmmm! :roll:

Ad also states 'QUALITY ORIGINAL SPECIFICATION CASE' and 'WE DO NOT SELL CHEAP FAR EAST BADLY PRODUCED COPY CASES' so I'm baffled really especially when the seller has excellent feedback with many happy customers. The seller is also very helpful and is sending out a modded case for me to try, extremely superb service but just a shame about the quality of the fobs :? or am I just unlucky................

............so as said! one is all complete and put together and has blue-tack securing the chip in, its just so nice to be able to use the remote to lock and unlock the car again. :clap:

John! where do you get the new originals from then and for how much ?

Posted 27 Apr 2011, 17:24 #7 

SpongeBob
New keys are available only through X-Part or other MG-Rover garages/service centres. They are ordered through X-Part and passed onto a company in Germany who are the only manufactures of the OEM key fobs as they hold all the data relating to your car in order to code the key correctly.

This is why upon ordered a replacement key you are required to give VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) details as well as (in nearly all cases) proof of ownership of your car. This is also why the key fobs cost around £170 each.

Once your new key has arrived in order for you to use the remote locking/unlocking side of things you will need to take your key (along with it's unique barcode label) to a garage with a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) in order to pair the key with the car.

Posted 27 Apr 2011, 17:42 #8 

Dallas
Thanks for that Simon, quite a difference in price I see. :o

Posted 27 Apr 2011, 17:54 #9 

Dallas
Well! I have a nice new Key Fob with a nice new cut blade and what a difference. :thumbsup: well I have two really, done the spare as well (so the wife does not feel left out)....... :lol:

New and Old 1024x768.JPG

Here you can see the difference in the molding of the immobilizer chip compartment, there is no little stopper mold incorporated to hold the chip in safely. :panic:
Chip Compartment

1024x768.JPG

Wow! I've not posted a pic for ages and ages....... :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 28 Apr 2011, 21:05 #10