MG6 advert by kandyman (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

kandyman
Approximately at 11.20 on ITV1there will be the national premier of the new MG6 advert

Posted 14 May 2011, 09:49 #1 

Tourerfogey
AM or PM ???????????????????

Posted 14 May 2011, 13:43 #2 

JohnDotCom
Funny time whatever.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:08 #3 

kandyman
It was am so you missed it :p

I believe it'll be on a few more times today.

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:18 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:44 #5 

Bernard
I had a drive in an MG6 today and was reasonably impressed.
It is on my very short list of what to have when age related insurance finally bites me with the 260.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 May 2011, 17:16 #6 

Tootall
Here's a link the full length ad http://www.mg.co.uk/mg6-landing.html not very good IMHO the classic cars stand out more.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 15 May 2011, 11:25 #7 

RichardGarner
Out of the 2 I think the longer one is better, it has more of a lasting effect. The key I suppose will be what will you get for youre money, the last time I checked a mid range Astra is around £2k more than a mid range MG6. Based on this Dad's keen on replacing the Astra with one, but I don't think Mum's quite so keen on the idea having had 2 Rover 400's have head gaskets expire in the past. But having looked at some of the concepts at what's planned over the next few years, some exciting cars could be on the way

Posted 15 May 2011, 19:04 #8 

starbug2
Tootall wrote:Here's a link the full length ad http://www.mg.co.uk/mg6-landing.html not very good IMHO the classic cars stand out more.

nice advert , i hope it will lead to more cars from longbridge and just maybe it can be a worthy place again....

Posted 15 May 2011, 19:49 #9 

PaulT
Saw the ad on TV last night. Was it me or does the side light / fog light? and headlamp rattle about in the body?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 May 2011, 06:58 #10 

takestock
why does an ad for a new MG spend around 80% of the air time of the ad showing previous MG's?. Seems daft to me.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 May 2011, 19:48 #11 

starbug2
i guess they are trying to give some history, some good will and to give some good spin on things , something that rover didn't do very well in the later years

Posted 16 May 2011, 19:53 #12 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:I had a drive in an MG6 today and was reasonably impressed.
It is on my very short list of what to have when age related insurance finally bites me with the 260.

if you think it is worth a look that is a start.

Posted 16 May 2011, 19:57 #13 

PaulT
takestock wrote:why does an ad for a new MG spend around 80% of the air time of the ad showing previous MG's?. Seems daft to me.

Because of the association.

I've got a TR7 and belong to a forum that has mainly US members. If BMW (who own the Triumph name) brought out a Triumph then the US mob would be queueing up to buy it - remind those who enjoyed a TR and they would also be in the queue.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 May 2011, 20:48 #14 

starbug2
PaulT wrote:
takestock wrote:why does an ad for a new MG spend around 80% of the air time of the ad showing previous MG's?. Seems daft to me.

Because of the association.

I've got a TR7 and belong to a forum that has mainly US members. If BMW (who own the Triumph name) brought out a Triumph then the US mob would be queueing up to buy it - remind those who enjoyed a TR and they would also be in the queue.

Paul

very likely

Posted 16 May 2011, 20:51 #15 

SpongeBob
Curiosity got the better of me today and I went to look at an MG6 in-the-metal.

It's a lovely car and I was impressed with the fit and finish. It had an impressive level of equipment for it's price compared to others in the same category (Ford Focus et al) and I thought the interior was very nicely laid out with an appealing design. It might not suit some tastes but I liked it :)

Posted 17 May 2011, 17:46 #16 

MrB
Have to say I'd rather have the MGB featured in the ad than the new MG6 :gmc:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 17 May 2011, 19:28 #17 

Bernard
The only criticism I have is the handbrake lever that sits in a hole forming a trap for your thumb which you tend to put over the end as with other H/B levers.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 May 2011, 21:30 #18 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:The only criticism I have is the handbrake lever that sits in a hole forming a trap for your thumb which you tend to put over the end as with other H/B levers.

i suppose you would learn to not do it ?

Posted 18 May 2011, 16:06 #19 

podge
Q.W. likes it!!...........sounds interesting indeed..............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w1vng9z ... re=related

Posted 20 May 2011, 23:46 #20