MG ZT-T Cdti auto for sale. by ricklincs45

ricklincs45
Due to lack of use, it's time to let the MG go. She's currently on Ebay, but I'd prefer her to go to a fellow enthusiast, so, here's some details.

Car now has 12 months MOT.

Originally a 114bhp auto, has had an X-Power re-map to 160bhp. Transformed the car from being downright dangerously incapable of performing overtaking manouvers to a genuinely quick car. Cost me £60 extra on insurance per year. Could easily be put back to 114bhp should you really want to (the upgrade made no difference to fuel consumption).

F.S.H. 104,000 miles. 4 former owners, one of which was my father. Current MOT to August 23rd. Car is metallic silver, very, very good condition for her age. Professionally powder coated 18" Hairpins with good tread on tyres all round. Fitted tow-bar, Kenwood CD multi-changer, quality over-mats, heavy duty rubber load liner. I do have her roof bars, but they are not fitted - I prefer the look of the car without them.

Had full new rear brakes for last MOT, handbrake works perfectly. Had new front discs and pads around 3 months ago.

Air-con works perfectly, as do all electrics. She starts first time, every time. Auto box is incredibly smooth.

She does have a few age-related marks, none of which spoil her looks. Slight rust bubble near leading edge of bonnet, minor scuff to n/s rear bumper corner and what looks like a stone impact low down on n/s rear door. As expected, driver's seat outer bolsters are split, have been looking to find a replacement seat, but not come across one as yet. Interior is the blue/yellow Matrix vinyl/cloth combination (often incorrectly referred to as 'half leather' - it isn't).

Original fan was replaced by myself with a Kenlowe unit not long after buying the car, relay box and intercooler hose mods done at same time. Bonnet release cable box also reversed.

The original crank pulley failed roughly a year ago, and was replaced with a non-genuine aftermarket part (£80 vs £300 for a genuine one), ever since, she's had an on/off intermittent rattle - no doubt caused by inferior part quality. I notice it as I have OCD with my cars, someone else might not. I do now have a genuine BMW pulley, but have run out of time. The replacement pulley is included in the sale. DIY or an hour and half's labour at a garage.

I have an A4 folder full of receipts, past MOT's and her last 3 issued tax discs.

She drives beautifully for an old car, supple suspension, very flat through corners and very few interior rattles - especially compared with the wife's 09-plate Auris! I've been averaging 28/29 mpg on urban cycle, but am using the car less and less which is not good for a diesel engine, so am swapping over to petrol power.

Can supply photos on request, or simply have a look at the ad' on Ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1216845089...84.m1555.l2649

Thanks for looking, any questions, just ask.

Car is in Lincoln.

Rick.

Posted 22 Jun 2015, 11:05 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rick.
:oops: What price to a fellow enthusiast please ? as the ebay link is not working anyways :-? a family friend maybe interested also can you post any photo's
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Jun 2015, 08:23 #2