MG ZT Donor Car Sourced by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Members.
AS some of you know i managed to save the MG ZT V6 2.5 Anthercite Black 190 with the clutch gone i originally was going to buy the Straights off it as spare wheels for my tourer but in the end bought the car had the clutch done, after further investigation the wheels need furbing and the tyres are no good so sent the wheels off to be refurbed ordered four new tyres. even after that i noticed the interior was a bit shabby the seats a bit bobbled not to bad but three door cards have chunks missing out of them, two rear side doors have ding in each, back bumper badly scratched and been touched up. and other things etc.

So i thought now i have to hunt down door cards etc, now the chap whom owns the local motor store who helped me get the car back on his trailer called me yesterday to inform thet a chap had been in the shop talking about his MG ZT 1.8 which as HGF (Head Gasket Failure) so bought another car a Volvo :confused: and was looking to sell the MG ZT to off cut some off the cost of the Volvo, my mate fron the shop took is details and gave them to me i rang last night went to see the car it is BRG runs sounds nice but overheats after about 10 mins got mayo on the cap also has a LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) conversion done professionally and only checked early this year as full tank of gas, wheels are hairpins with all good tyres Federals, great interior not a mark even the drivers seat is as new with new cover not long been fitted full history, kenwood cd system etc, xenon lights,new exhaust,new discs and pads all round, so i bought it for my donor car to have all the above for the MG ZT 2.5 V6 Anthercite 190 pics to follow. Now dont get going mad at me as i can not afford to save this and because it is a 1.8 with HGF it would not be viable anyway Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 15:04 #1 

Bernard
Arctic wrote:Hi Members.
Now dont get going mad at me as i can not afford to save this and because it is a 1.8 with HGF it would not be viable anyway Arctic.

Sounds good to me, they can't all be saved and at least the parts will restore another.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 17:47 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI All
May i ask if there is a proceedure whenntaking out the seat ie do you have to disconect the battery and also unclip the air bags wires in certain orders, any help appreciated as always Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 18:57 #3 

swinnie
Just disconnect battery and leave for half hour to let all ecu's shut down then it will be safe.

Derek

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 19:54 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
This is the MG ZT BRG as it came to me before i have taken anything out of it for the MG ZT 190 i am changing the seat as the alcantara in the Anthercite 190 are a bit bobbled but still in nice condition, and i like the ones in the BRG a bit more see pics below,

MG ZT 1.8 BRG before i took the wheels off to fit onto the 190 Fig 1
Image1

The seats i am going to replace the Alcantara with pics 2/3/4
Image2

Image3

Image4

These are the alcantara ones as i say nice but i like the others a bit more as you can see the drivers side is a bit worn too. Figs 5/6/7/8
Image5

Image6

Image7

Image8

these are the door cards in the 2.5 190 note the holes so i am chaning them for the ones out of the 1.8 which are in A1 condition figs 9/10/11
Image9

Image10

Image11

Nearly new exhaust on the BRG hope this is going to fit the 2.5 fig 12
Image12

Brand new discs & pads all round fig 13
Image13

The hairpins now on the MG ZT 2.5 all unmarked & with all good tyres Federals 225/45/18 Figs 14
Image14

The BRG MG ZT now as on my spares i recently brought from Robbie G these will be for sale as soon as i have taken all the bits i need of the car, Fig 15
Image15
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 20:13 #5 

Last edited by Arctic on 17 Sep 2011, 01:10, edited 2 times in total.

Arctic
(Trader)
swinnie wrote:Just disconnect battery and leave for half hour to let all ecu's shut down then it will be safe.

Derek

Hi Derek thanks do i need to know anything about the wires under neath as on the MG ZT 190 the air bag light is on maybe a loose wire it may go off once i fit the new seats :confused:

pics below of wires under the seats

Bit different in the MG ZT 190 below
Cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 20:19 #6 

Last edited by Arctic on 14 Sep 2011, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
There are two different kinds of airbag connectors on the seats, so check before you spend a shedload of time taking the seats out then finding they won't plug in.

It's easy to change the pretensioner over, slightly harder to change the side bag.

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 19:08 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Duncan.
Didnt know this so now i am thinking have i done the change over right as from this afternoon the seats are now in the MGZT 190 when i took them out i found yellow plug and blue plug in both pluged them back inand no lights showing saying not working the MG ZT 190 had the Air bag light showing before a little man with the ballon in is face now it is not showing :confused: so am hoping it is OK cheers Steve.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 19:54 #8 

Duncan
Hi, in which case it is OK. When they are diffferent they are so different you can't even try to plug them in. Your pictures show the bigger earlier ones. The later ones are much smaller and seem to give more problems.

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 20:03 #9 

Arctic
(Trader)
Phew thats good news Duncan, managed to change the seats and wheels so far from the 1.8 donor car will be doing the door cards tomorrow if i have time as i need to get ready for the weekend meet at the Four Ashes, the seats suit the MG ZT 190 nicely couple of pics below

Image1

Image2

Image3

Will take some more once door cards are fitted. Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 23:14 #10