Message Centre tell tale mystery by Chartermark (Page 2 of 2)

Chartermark
Mick wrote:That's nice colour. It's amazing just how big the feel when inside. Very Tardis like. :)

Mick,

We went to Colchester today (25 miles). My wife whom I thought would love this funky little addition to the family declared upon return that it was like a:

"Motorbike wiz roof" - and this from the country that gave the world the Lada, or as they call it the Jugulu (pronounced Jig yoo lee)!

It was amazing to park, and there are spaces at 1/2 price for them too in some multi-stories.

However it's a horse for a course, I'm definitely going to keep it for Supermarket parking, what with it's Fibreglass quick change door panels it's also a smaller target for the Chavs, with 6 kids in the back of a 20 year old Frontera to whack. Likewise for trips to London with the zero congestion charge.

However I would think a journey to Wolverhampton would be quite fatiguing, so I won't ever out the 75, as long as it behaves itself ...

Posted 28 Apr 2011, 14:13 #21 

raistlin
Chartermark wrote:I won't ever out the 75, as long as it behaves itself ...

That's ... encouraging :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Apr 2011, 14:44 #22 

Chartermark
Tried another battery disconnect today. No difference, but, I notice that in the ignition switch 1 setting, the 'Cruise is alight'. If I wiggle the auto change back & forth as it moves from 4 to 3 the cruise goes out.

However in switch position two (full gallery alight), it still refuses to extinguish (engine running), try the 'wiggle/shuffle' again, no change still remains steadfastly glowing ...

Posted 02 May 2011, 15:33 #23 

Duncan
More convinced than ever, your instrument pack has got it's mind in a mess. Though not sure how we can resolve it. T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) should give us some clues, though. The cruise lamp should not be lit at all, in position 1, as cruise is not active until position 2.

Posted 02 May 2011, 18:24 #24 

Chartermark
Duncan,

Mike (Rover418275), has kindly offered me an IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)), so I guess that's available as an alternative, are they problematical to fit?

Posted 02 May 2011, 20:47 #25 

Cowley_MOA
You should be able to just do a straight swap, but it will need to be T4'd. Not a problem at a Nano then :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:38 #26 

raistlin
Chartermark wrote:are they problematical to fit?

Physically, a simple task which should take no more than 10 minutes Martin, with T4 time on top, white man's magic, of which I know little (at the moment ;) ).

Might be a good idea to have it with you if Mike agrees when you come over on 20th :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:57 #27 

Duncan
Before we get too excited, is the IPK new or used? New ones are easy to fit, a used one is a problem becuase of the mileage.

Posted 07 May 2011, 21:36 #28 

Chartermark
Duncan,

Good point, mine has 57,780 on and Mikes 3,138? Maybe it's best to use this visit next week for a look see, and also whilst you the T4 and AV54 are together to see if my second key code is still in the EPG?

Perhaps it would be easier to just disconnect the corrupt cruise illumination as Dave suggested?

Posted 08 May 2011, 15:15 #29 

Duncan
If you fit your replacement one, you will get ERR in the trip. because the mileages in the IPK and the light switch don't match.

There are some people working on being able to fix this, but it's not something that can be done easily. But don't worry, the T4 might just fix the problem anyway.

Posted 08 May 2011, 16:17 #30 

Chartermark
Thanks Duncan,

It seems a good idea, as regards 'clocking' but IPK's seemingly do go on the blink and I suppose there was a 'password protocol' somewhere in the past?

Martin

Posted 08 May 2011, 20:30 #31 

Duncan
No password protocol that I know of. The idea is that if it goes faulty, you fit a new one. If new, there's no problem.

Posted 08 May 2011, 21:04 #32