Members Locations by MPH

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MPH
Suggest that a tool whereby new members are encouraged to mark their actual locations on a virtual map will assist each member in his own area............you see load of 75s and ZTs in the locality but you dont have a clue if the are members of any forum.

Mike

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 10:43 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
There are several of these type of maps floating about on various forums. I'm pinpointed on at least three. They seem to get a fair bit of attention straight off but soon fade into history. By far the best option is put your location in your public profile on here, so everybody knows where you are, roughly, then you are likely to meet members that are in your locality.
That is not to say if someone wants to start another google type map with pins in is not approved in any way, please do go ahead. I will stick my pin in it metaphorically speaking. :2:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 11:44 #2 

kandyman
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the call this morning.

Good to see you found your way here.

We should start thinking about a meet for us south east boys.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 13:20 #3 

MPH
Will do and for the benefit of those reading this Post :

London SE18 :mrgreen:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:06 #4 

Ragman
One thing I did for the two-sixties forum was create a list of members by country, I asked members to PM me their county (or indeed country) and I updated one list in the first post in the thread.

Too a little while initially as there were a lot of entries but since then been pretty easy. There are a lot less of us, but could be an option.

I'd like to volunteer, but I now have a raft of new duties over on two-sixties so no free time

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 09:17 #5