1) McDonalds embarked on a large marketing campaign in Japan using their iconic Ronald McDonald. However, the global marketing department did not realise the significance of his white facepaint - which holds conotations of death!
2) Chevrolet released their Nova model into the Spanish car market, however it sounds like "no va" which apparently means "it doesn't work!"
3) KFC mis translated their "finger licking good" slogan into the Chinese for "Eat your fingers off."
4) Pepsi translated their "Come alive with the Pepsi Generation" slogan into Taiwanese, however mis-translated it to "Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead".
5) The Mitsubishi Pajero was launched in Spain, the meaning in Spanish can be seen in the first paragraph here: http://chameleon-translations.com/Index ... jero.shtml
They made me chuckle anyway!