Manual Air Con3 dial convert to man 4 dial dual zone by davidhughes

davidhughes
Is it possible to convert manual single zone air con 3 dials to manual air con dual zone 4 dials. My car has room for the extra dial and the manual says it should have manual dual zone i.e 4 dials. Was a late production car. IS it just a matter of making a connection with extra cable. Is a new heater required or a distribution box. Any advice would be much appreciated as no one seems to know the answer.

Posted 01 Sep 2011, 11:29 #1 

takestock
:confused: pretty much stumped on this one :( I would imagine as it's manual it is just plumbing and cables :confused:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 20:12 #2 

davidhughes
I am stumped to. The dial cable and levers can be connected to the drivers side of the heater system, holes etc there. The bar which the passenger side system operated run straight through the heater and moves on both sides thus operates other sides . The original dual zone unit is only £3 more than the single zone . The problem is I cannot find out if the flaps inside can be made to operate separately or if a new heater is required. Just connecting the dial would still leave the bar in the heater which controls flaps moving as one piece. I wonder if anyone has a duff unit I could examine.

Posted 05 Sep 2011, 19:53 #3