Lower grille . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
On the 75 is the centre plastic part of the lower grille something that was a casualty of 'Project Drive' ???

(part 10 in the main pic here http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001776 )

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 17:28 #1 

RRobson
as i understood the grill, there are three sections to it on all mk1's. number 10 on the diagram, and either two fog light surrounds, or two cover plates either side as pictured. it was like that on mine and it was on an 02 reg. number 15 was a black metal mesh which was bonded to the back of number 10
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 19:55 #2 

Tourerfogey
That's exactly what I thought. A friend pointed out today that on my car it is missing. Some time back I fitted spots and sprayed the surrounds and the wire mesh between the two silver. Now, I initially thought that when I did that I must have removed the centre section of the grille and not put it back but I was pretty sure that wasn't the case. So I looked out the photos I took of the car when I bought it new in '03 and sure enough there is no centre grille fitted then either which made me think it was perhaps a Project Drive deletion!! Now I'm thinking it was just missing when I bought the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:58 #3 

RRobson
hmm, sounds likley, but funny how the mesh was there, and not the centre section seeing as though they are stuck together... or do you have an aftermarket mesh? the standard being horizontal and vertical slats, exactly as pictured.
they are eactly the same on the pre-preduction ones too, because i got the three pieces from a t-reg in a scrappers
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:07 #4 

Tourerfogey
The mesh is the standard Rover 'wire fence' affair .

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 22:41 #5