Lower arm... by RichardGarner

RichardGarner
I've just had the front right lower arm and bush changed to get rid of the horrible nocking and wooly steering. My advise to anyone wanting to do this on their driveway with axel stands is to not bother or allow 2 days where it isn't raining or windy. I had a local mechanic do it for me for £70 which isn't too bad given the arm chewing nature of the job, but he said I'd have to keep an eye on the clutch as it's on it's way out because the pedal is heavy.

I havent noticed any difference in the clutch though :confused: The main reason I bought the car was it had a new clutch fitted... but the bloke I bought it off transported timber in the car without using a dust sheet and managed to get white paint on the carpet...
hmm

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 18:17 #1 

Zeb
His advice about the clutch can be safely ignored...because they ARE heavy as standard!

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 19:22 #2 

PaulT
2 days!!! absolutely no way - just an hour or so.

As for the clutches they are heavy - Yve tries not to drive my car because of the clutch and I will admit get stuck in a traffic jam and your left leg really aches. Next 75 (soon) will be an auto.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 19:35 #3 

RichardGarner
Yeah those were my thoughts, I just nodded and said I'd keep an eye on it. My basis is if it's heavier than the clutch in the tractor its on its way out. Still about the same as the navara so nothing to worry about other than a mechanic looking for work.

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 20:19 #4