Just passed 100,000 by Stelad

Stelad
Well my 75 has finally gone passed the 100,000 mile mark today. I've never taken a car anywhere near this sort of mile stone before having traded them in for a new one around the 50,000 mile mark. I know I'm preaching to the converted but the fact that I've never even thought about swapping my 75 just goes to show just what a well designed,engineered and built model the 75 is.
In eight years and 100,000 miles the only time I've had to fork out on it other than routine servicing is to have the fan on the air con replaced, new coil springs(front and rear), new fuel pumps(u.b. and i.t.) and two headlight bulbs! So if there's anyone out there reading this who was involved in the engineering and building of the 75, thanks you've done a great job and I'm looking forward to the next 100,000 miles! :clap:

Regards Steven. :unionflag:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 18:52 #1 

Rammie
Well done that man (and car!).
Mine reached that milestone couple of months ago and seems to go even better now ;)
Brian

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 20:22 #2 

laser558
Yes - well done!!

Passed the 100,000 mile mark earlier in the year. I bought my 2.5 Conn. Tourer new in 2002, and like you would probably have traded it in long ago - but what to buy!! So like you have kept it and cannot see myself letting it go until it breathes its last.

The only major failure was head gasket at 40,000 miles, which must have been a manufacturing fault as it has been fine since and no other cooling issues have ever cropped up.

A new inlet manifold last year with vis motors has pepped up the performance and it now performs like new.

Still on original clutch - manual gearbox still silky smooth changes - no rust visible. Exhaust lasted for 7 years and 90+ thousand miles. Bodywork like new apart from stone chips and no sign of wear on the leather interior.

So yes, thank you Rover and all who worked there for producing a car that I am still proud to own 8 years and 105,000 miles later!!

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 11:29 #3 

James.uk
02 CDTi auto Conny ...

I am my cars 2nd owner, and took it past the 150,000 mile mark last week.. :) .. The 75 is indeed a lovely car to drive.. :thumbsup:

My lil 1994 Citroen ZX Aura 1.9D auto is still going strong as well and that's 16 years old!. Not such a classy car, but you have to give it 10 out of 10 for reliability. heh heh.. :clap:

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 15:50 #4