Jurassic Coast meet & Boat trip - 15th May by stevemac

stevemac
The following meet has been organised by Ian on 'tother side. Members on ALL forums are very welcome.

A Portland get together for owners and their families on the 15th May 2011
Meeting at around 11.00 with free parking at Portland harbour next to the Coastguard search & rescue helicopter (Whisky Bravo from TVs seaside rescue) which can be viewed through the fence & the historic Portland Castle which is open to the public, this is also very close to the National Sailing Acadamy which will host the sailing events for the 2012 Olympics..This will be followed by a short drive across the Island to Portland Bill where we can have some lunch either at the Lobster pot cafe' or the Pulpit Inn...Then returning to Portland Castle for a Boat trip along part of the Jurassic Coast,I have arranged a discounted trip for us via a local boat hire company and the cost (dependent on numbers) will be no more than £5 per person for a 1 hour cruise but will require a minimum of 25 people to make it possible but there is room for 50 on the boat so please don't be shy in putting your name down & if things go very well they have a second boat they can use.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 12:40 #1 

stevemac
FINAL DETAILS OF MEET
When ....15th May 2011
What time ....11.00 ish
Where....The Boat That Rocks Bar & Restaurant
Portland Marina
Osprey Quay
Portland
DT5 1DX

Meet around 11am have a chat and coffee
The 1 hour boat trip is at 12.30 from the nearby castle quay,Ian has got a local retired gent joining us who has lived on the island and worked with Portland stone all his life to help give some meaning to what we are looking at on return time for lunch and then have a look around the area which will host the 2012 Olympic sailing events

There is still room for a few more so come and join the fun !!
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 22:42 #2 

stevemac
Bumptious bump
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 03 May 2011, 12:49 #3