It's been a bit wet here... by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 15:17 #1 

SpongeBob
That was epic :o It was shocking at just how quickly those flood waters rose and worsened.

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 19:59 #2 

PaulT
Look on the bright side though those alloys have come up a treat
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 16:41 #3 

MGBev
where were the people to move their poor cars??!! only one was saved.

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 15:45 #4 

JohnDotCom
Be alright after some TLC. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 16:34 #5 

Dave
MGBev wrote:where were the people to move their poor cars??!! only one was saved.

That's what I thought..... Even the one who did save his car was faffing about before he did it. Retrospectively, was he taking diff locks off or something?

The other people must have been around, but I guess that they thought it wasn't going to be as bad as it was and that by the time it sunk in, it was too late to risk it :confused:

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 16:50 #6 

geesmith
He was letting air out of the front tyres Dave so it was less bouyant.

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 20:17 #7 

Dave
geesmith wrote:He was letting air out of the front tyres Dave so it was less bouyant.

Is that a wind up, or was he really doing that?!

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 20:26 #8 

geesmith
No winding up from me Dave, he was really doing that. I doubt it was very effective as the tyres still looked too well inflated. They're big tyres. They would quickly become floaty enough to lose useful contact. I think that the combination of closed airtight compartments like the cabin and boot would cause most bouyancy in a saloon car...perhaps the fuel tank too if it was mostly empty. .

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 21:24 #9 

Dave
Heck - must have had some nerve to take the time to do that before setting off (and full marks to him for even thinking of it!)

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 22:56 #10 

MGBev
he wouldn't have needed to do anything surely - it was bloomin great 4 x4! it could cope with that amount of water!

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 16:20 #11 

MGBev
Dave wrote:
MGBev wrote:where were the people to move their poor cars??!! only one was saved.

That's what I thought..... Even the one who did save his car was faffing about before he did it. Retrospectively, was he taking diff locks off or something?

The other people must have been around, but I guess that they thought it wasn't going to be as bad as it was and that by the time it sunk in, it was too late to risk it :confused:

yeah probably, but you would have thought they'd think "ooh that river is very fast, it's coming over the car park a bit perhaps I should move me car.. " loonies

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 16:21 #12 

geesmith
The ones with cars with irritating faults were probably online trying to find out if this was an act of god or a gift from above..

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 22:24 #13