It's 190 Judgement day tomorrow. by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Dad's taking the 190 for test tomorrow - the previous owner was advised it would fail on certain points, which have been addressed, so it's fingers crossed here!

Sods law though - the EML's come on!

Will let you all know how it goes!

J

Posted 19 May 2011, 21:10 #1 

Last edited by JakeWilson on 19 May 2011, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Posted 19 May 2011, 21:12 #2 

JakeWilson
Thank you! As a rebuild and enhancement car it's taken a little longer than hoped. I may have to be picking the brains of the tech wizzes here about the EML at some point too!

Posted 19 May 2011, 21:37 #3 

Duncan
JakeWilson wrote:Thank you! As a rebuild and enhancement car it's taken a little longer than hoped. I may have to be picking the brains of the tech wizzes here about the EML at some point too!

Could be many things. A T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) will give the best clues.

Posted 19 May 2011, 21:40 #4 

JakeWilson
Ta Duncan, my Dad was wondering if it was the coil-pack issue (that Bernard had helped out the last owner with)re-appearing. Sadly it's getting it to a t4 that's the issue as sadly neither you nor Russ are near us! (I've also a hi-line IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) for programing in too!)

Posted 19 May 2011, 21:46 #5 

JohnDotCom
The light itself is not a MOT failure unless it causes any problems emissions wise.
A trip to a Nano meet could well be worthwhile for T4 etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 May 2011, 22:20 #6 

JakeWilson
I'm hoping it's just from being sat and not ran - and that the drive in tomorrow will clear it. Does anyone know if a dodgy spark plug would cause an eml problem?

I think I'm down for the next nano (looking forward to it!) if I can get insurance sorted then I'll bring the car over (even the thought of the drive over brings a smile to ones face!) Failing that, I'll be in the diesel!

Thanks all again for the posts, although the list of options to retrofit is still long, at least the car will hopefully be able to be used.

Posted 19 May 2011, 22:32 #7 

Duncan
Yes a dodgy plug could cause the EML to be on if it's causing a misfire.

Posted 20 May 2011, 06:54 #8 

Martin
OK OK what's the news been sitting here all day waiting to know :bed:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 20 May 2011, 17:39 #9 

Zeb
Hope it doesn't fail on emissions due to missing!

Posted 20 May 2011, 17:48 #10 

JakeWilson
It's not missing at all - running sweet just the EML Light was on.

Good news was that the car PASSED! :-D

Posted 20 May 2011, 21:46 #11 

MrB
Excellent news Jake.

Mine has it's test in the next couple of weeks so am hoping for the same result.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 May 2011, 08:22 #12 

TyphoonTT
Congratulations Jake! Always a good feeling when your motor goes throught ' the test '. :thumbsup:

Posted 21 May 2011, 15:37 #13