Is this Belt too Slack? by carlpenn

carlpenn
I have a rattle on Cold start ups, coming from the Front Bank of the V6 on the Passenger side (Next to Air Box).

So, I have removed Cover, and had a look to see if anything was obvious.

All looked normal, except for the tightness of the Belt.

I did start the Car and teh Rattle / Tick seems to have gone, but the Engine was still warm from a Short run I did earlier. Though, normally on a short run, it doesn't warm up enough to stop the noise.

Is this too slack?: (I think it is but not having done anything with V6 Belts before, just need a Pro's answer )

Click the Picture to see the Video:

Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 12:29 #1 

takestock
Mine were slacker than that when Andy Willi changed my belts two week ago, didn't cause any tapping though. Andy did say they are not the tightest of belts anyway :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 15:28 #2 

carlpenn
Cheers Dave :D

The ticking has stopped, so may have had something to do with the Broken cover. Will no 100% when I do a proper cold start tomorrow morning :)

How much was your Belt(s) Change? I am looking to get the Full Belt + Water Pump service soon.
Upgrades:

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 15:36 #3 

Duncan
It could be a lazy cam follower, which would explain it happening on cold starts.

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 18:10 #4 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:It could be a lazy cam follower, which would explain it happening on cold starts.

:D Cheers Duncan. How would I remedy that?
Upgrades:

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 18:33 #5