Instrument pannel by Martin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Martin
I am thinking about taking the MG style dash out of my 260 and replacing with the one from the 75V8 I have contacted SMC and he has several for sale but without the message centre is that the section of the console that gives you the running info ie: digital speed average speed etc.

Ta Martin
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:31 #1 

JohnDotCom
Yes Martin it is, often called the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)).
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:32 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Just incase you don't know, you will need the new IPK programming to the car on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System), its not a straight swap. Also don't install it until it can be done on the T4 as you will duff the unit.

Duffing the unit is the proper technical term :mrgreen:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:43 #3 

Martin
Monk wrote:Just incase you don't know, you will need the new IPK programming to the car on a T4, its not a straight swap. Also don't install it until it can be done on the T4 as you will duff the unit.

Yes ta for the info as I am a duffer with regards to techo stuff I would get Nick at Austin to do the hard bits. :)

Solihull were abouts? I'm from Shirley

Thanks

Martin

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 15:05 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Martin wrote:
Monk wrote:Just incase you don't know, you will need the new IPK programming to the car on a T4, its not a straight swap. Also don't install it until it can be done on the T4 as you will duff the unit.

Yes ta for the info as I am a duffer with regards to techo stuff I would get Nick at Austin to do the hard bits. :)

Thanks

Martin

Just past the Hospital round by Greswold School. I work in Shirley on the Stratford Road. :) If you dont want to travel to Austin Garages I have a T4.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 15:22 #5 

Martin
Monk wrote:
Martin wrote:

Thanks

Martin

Just past the Hospital round by Greswold School. I work in Shirley on the Stratford Road. :) If you dont want to travel to Austin Garages I have a T4.

I Live on the Stratford road Flats next to Sainsbury's opp Shakespeare Drive small world. Thanks for the offer but nick is doing some other work at the same time but if he can't fit this in I will take you up on the kind offer, Ta very much. :thumbsup:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 15:47 #6 

Mad-Monkey
If you look out your window (if it faces the stratford road) you'd probably see my car! lol

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:07 #7 

Martin
Monk wrote:If you look out your window (if it faces the stratford road) you'd probably see my car! lol

Is it black?

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:35 #8 

Mad-Monkey
Martin wrote:
Monk wrote:If you look out your window (if it faces the stratford road) you'd probably see my car! lol

Is it black?

Yes, the ZT 190

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:07 #9 

Martin
Monk wrote:
Martin wrote:

Is it black?

Yes, the ZT 190

If you look over mines the Lemans Green estate in front of the corsa I take it your in the the old doctors place on the corner then

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:18 #10 

Mad-Monkey
Yeah, family business. I can't see it, will have a nosey when I leave soon, got to stroll to PCWorld!

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:21 #11 

Martin
Monk wrote:Yeah, family business. I can't see it, will have a nosey when I leave soon, got to stroll to PCWorld!

Will move it for a better view :mrgreen:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:22 #12 

Mad-Monkey
Martin wrote:
Monk wrote:Yeah, family business. I can't see it, will have a nosey when I leave soon, got to stroll to PCWorld!

Haha awesome :mrgreen:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:23 #13 

Martin
Monk wrote:
Martin wrote:

Yep started with a V6 160 but a serious mid life crisis made me buy her what a car :o can't stop smiling

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:36 #14 

Mad-Monkey
Martin wrote:
Monk wrote:
Martin wrote:

Yep started with a V6 160 but a serious mid life crisis made me buy her what a car :o can't stop smiling

Very nice, could only see the tail end from over the road, but cracking car what I could see.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 18:53 #15 

SH4RKY
Thats your zt 190!! Hah, often spot that on the way to work. Will have to have a closer ganders next time im on my bike :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 22:51 #16 

Mad-Monkey
SH4RKY wrote:Thats your zt 190!! Hah, often spot that on the way to work. Will have to have a closer ganders next time im on my bike :)

:mrgreen: Dont look too closey, it needs a clean!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 06:27 #17