I'm tempted... by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
by this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-MG-ZT-SE ... 4ab1f40772

Only down the road so may go and look. Couple of questions though, as I need to be 200% sure. It's a lot a of money (even if it is cheap) to take a punt.

What do I need to check first, even if the car wasn't accident damaged, i.e. engine, noises, wear and tear?

If the chasis is bent, should I walk away or can things like that be repaired?

What parts are non existant to get and will slow me up?

What parts could be assumed to be needing replacement?

What damage could be expected on the underside?

I think it's beyond my capabilities to be honest but I like the idea at the moment.

Thanks Guys :)

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 08:41 #1 

Zeb
Go see it. List what appears to be wrong. Come tell us... very hard to say from those photos....

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 08:53 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers Carl, I'll PM the seller see if I can go the weekend :)

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 08:55 #3 

Bernard
From my own repair experience, I think that too much money is being asked for it bearing in mind what it will be worth when fixed.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 09:32 #4 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:From my own repair experience, I think that too much money is being asked for it bearing in mind what it will be worth when fixed.

Good point Bernard. Seeing as a perfectly good one can be had for £4.5 - £5k.... and that one could easily cost £1.5 - £2k to fix up....it is worth I guess around the £1750 mark?

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 10:16 #5 

Mad-Monkey
My offer if I went for it would have been below the 2k mark, I too have seen some tidy examples for less than £4k. Depends on what the seller wants I guess, if he is willing to break it I don't think he'll budge on price much.

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 10:35 #6 

Ragman
rear trailing arms are hard to source

depends on damage done when transported

Posted 17 Dec 2011, 23:57 #7 

Cowley_MOA
Hi David,

I don’t know if you saw it on the OC but the previous owner was on the 260’s. If I remember correctly he said he was hit by a drunk driver on the A14.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 10:24 #8 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers for the info Colin :)

Cheers Lewis I saw. I've not heard from the seller by email and to be fair he posted his phone numbers but I've not had chance to phone with everything going on. :)

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 12:12 #9