I'm off... by JakeWilson (Page 1 of 2)

  • Related topics: (no related topics)

User avatar
JakeWilson
to Germany tomorrow for a 10 month placement at Augsburg University!

Leaving Newark tomorrow morning at 0600hrs, I get into Germany at 10 tomorrow night. Apologies to those who have been waiting for replies to messages from me, I inted to reply to them all over the next few days once I've got in and settled.

Hopefully as I'll be away from the cars, I can make an appearance in the social forum a little more often.

Best wishes to all,

Jake

Posted 28 Sep 2011, 22:34 #1 

User avatar
Zeb
I am envious of your 'escape' Jake. :) Enjoy!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 06:25 #2 

User avatar
Dave
Have a great time Jake - bet it'll be fun!!

(btw, "leaving from Newark"?? Is there an International Airport there now then ;) )

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 08:29 #3 

User avatar
Zeb
Dave wrote:Have a great time Jake - bet it'll be fun!!

(btw, "leaving from Newark"?? Is there an International Airport there now then ;) )


He is going by train....amazing where you can get to from Newark...:D

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 08:47 #4 

User avatar
Dave
LOL! Just thought that he may as well have put "I am leaving from home", but I see the logic now!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 09:54 #5 

User avatar
Mick
(Site Admin)
All the best Jake.

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 11:15 #6 

User avatar
Jürgen
JakeWilson wrote:Leaving Newark tomorrow morning at 0600hrs, I get into Germany at 10 tomorrow night.

Why on earth are you travelling via Newark, NJ? :mrgreen:

Have a good time over here Jake. :)
Jürgen

75ZT Community & Midlands Nano Meets & 75 & ZT Enthusiasts

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 11:24 #7 

User avatar
Duncan
Dave wrote:Have a great time Jake - bet it'll be fun!!

(btw, "leaving from Newark"?? Is there an International Airport there now then ;) )


Yes, of course there is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newark_Lib ... al_Airport
Image

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 12:46 #8 

User avatar
Dave
No, no, no! That's not THE Newark, that's "A Newark"

A bit like whenever someone mentions Boston the assumption is always "Massachusetts", when the real (and admittedly, probably inferior) Boston is here in Lincolnshire. We also have our own New York and Maryland!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 13:35 #9 

User avatar
Zeb
New York : Population....er about 15...

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 14:03 #10 

User avatar
RichardGarner
Don't forget Jerusalem, just through Skellingthorpe!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 14:14 #11 

User avatar
Dave
Darn, how could I!!!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 14:19 #12 

User avatar
Duncan
Dave wrote:No, no, no! That's not THE Newark, that's "A Newark"

A bit like whenever someone mentions Boston the assumption is always "Massachusetts", when the real (and admittedly, probably inferior) Boston is here in Lincolnshire. We also have our own New York and Maryland!


Yes, I quite understand. However, he didn't say he was departing from THE Newark, only Newark. So you can see why I might misunderstand.

Last time I was at A Newark airport was early 2001. Still remember driving along the road beneath the twin towers.....
Image

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 18:46 #13 

User avatar
kandyman
Enjoy yourself Jake.
Image

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 20:20 #14 

User avatar
Dave
Duncan wrote:Yes, I quite understand. However, he didn't say he was departing from THE Newark, only Newark. So you can see why I might misunderstand.

Last time I was at A Newark airport was early 2001. Still remember driving along the road beneath the twin towers.....


:mrgreen: I was only kidding!

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 21:01 #15 

User avatar
mark d3
enjoy yourself in Germany jake,as dave said i am envious wish i could leave the uk for a bit are you back after 10 months?
mark

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 21:14 #16 

User avatar
Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Jake
good luck over there and dont go Rover spotting enjoy wished i was going all the best Arctic.

Posted 30 Sep 2011, 01:47 #17 

User avatar
starbug2
have fun while your there

Posted 30 Sep 2011, 07:18 #18 

User avatar
TyphoonTT
Enjoy the stay Jake. :)

Posted 30 Sep 2011, 18:18 #19 

User avatar
JakeWilson
Thanks to all for the best wishes. My apologies for not being online and posting sooner, I have only gained access to the net this afternoon.

So far so good out here, the weather has until the past few days been great. If only student halls were as luxurious and cheap at home!

My cravings for a full english though won over after the end of week 2, and upon sitting in an irish pub that supplies the fullest of traditional breakfasts, I was greeted by a Damson red Y Plate Conn. SE, they just can't escape me!

Best wishes to all.

Jake

Posted 17 Oct 2011, 18:36 #20 


Top