I'm not a smoker but... by Dave

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave

Posted 23 May 2011, 18:12 #1 

JohnDotCom
Think its great.
As the rest of the Cities follow, eventually it should stamp out smoking worldwide in public.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 May 2011, 19:08 #2 

SpongeBob
I would tend to agree that although I do not wish people to be inconvenienced by preventing them from smoking in public I do see it as a tool to stop potential would-be or wanna-be smokers from being influenced into smoking if they someone else doing it. I do very much support the idea of banning smoking on school grounds or other such areas such as play parks.

Posted 23 May 2011, 19:26 #3 

Tourerfogey
I don't agree. I think we should encourage as many boneheads as possible to smoke as many as they can.

Why?

Because if everyone stops smoking the millions lost in tax revenue will have to be made up from elsewhere and the number 1 target is likely to be the motorist.

Oh, and before you say that the National Health Service will save billions if nobody smoked that's pure fantasy.

Posted 23 May 2011, 19:34 #4 

SpongeBob
Well, I agree with you on that TF ;) The government will milk the motorist for all they are worth for revenue regardless though... :(

Posted 23 May 2011, 19:37 #5 

Duncan
On the one hand, I think people should be free to do what they choose, if it doesn't affect others who don't want to be affected.

However, I'm finding so many places where people have 'popped outside' and I now can't walk the streets without getting lungfuls of smoke. (Yes I do walk the streets, but not in that way!)

Posted 23 May 2011, 21:03 #6