I love my V6! by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Sorry, but have to say it.

Don't get to drive the 75s often enough, and when I do it's usually the diesel for economy.

Been out in the V6 for the first time in far too long, and realised how much I still love it. May only be the 2.0 but still growls like a gud un.

I suppose I could be upset at 26 MPG, but how could I be?

Posted 08 Apr 2011, 20:22 #1 

Chartermark
Duncan wrote:I suppose I could be upset at 26 MPG, but how could I be?

Duncan, The classic value offset between two disparate factors - result - ambivalence. It means with diesel @ £1.42 pl the V6 costs £10.43 a gallon to run.

My favourite ex car was a Mk 11 Jenson Interceptor, that I enjoyed as a private steed for two years from 1977, when I had a Ford Granada as a company car.

The Jenny would clock in @ over £17 a gallon in today's terms, vs my Diesel 75.

As Oscar Wilde said;

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Mine was selling it! You can't value pleasure, fiscally ... 'in the long run we are all dead'

Martin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 12:13 #2 

James.uk
>>>'in the long run we are all dead'<<<

And in some cases, the notsolong run...lmho.. Could be in the imminent run innit :lol: :lol:

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 13:47 #3 

Zeb
Guess I must love my V6....I spend that long on her and under her fiddling with her bits, I spend that much time and money on her, I give her that much care and attention....... :roll:

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 15:10 #4 

Jumper
Yeerrss, but you appreciate the value for long after the cost has been forgotten! After all, the op's figure is only an average 26. Try indulging your passion and driving it mainly on motorways, like to Wales or Scotland twice a week. Works a treat - you get to use the V6 a wee bit more and the average goes up to 34! Of course it costs more but it's only money, it's not noisy, it's not smelly, and reminds of a lady I once new - very responsive.

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 19:21 #5