How To Post a picture on the forums from Photobucket by kandyman

kandyman
Although linking to your pictures from a Photobucket account is an option, it is preferable that you use the forum attachment uploader in order that your pictures will always be available even if your Photobucket account is closed.

The forums support the IMG code.

Find the image to which you want to link.

Locate the IMG code below the thumbnail image.

Note: The checkbox may only display if you move your mouse over the media.

Click in the IMG code field. If one-click copy is active, the yellow "Copied" box displays when you click. If the yellow "Copied" box does not display, manually copy the code.

Paste the code into your forum posting.
If the image does not display immediately, clear your browser's cache, and refresh your page. If you continue to experience difficulties, contact one of the Admins for help

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 21:19 #1 

Geoffrey
Thank you, Mike, although I already had this information sitting in front of me when trying to include the photos in my comment. Despite being a musician, I always seem to make a mess of anything manual and will ask one of my cousins in the UK to help me. It's a source of great humiliation not being able to follow such seemingly clear instructions. I did, however, come unstuck when trying to locate the forum attachment uploader. Where does it hide itself from simpletons like me? I tried twice to import the photos from Photobucket, and then after fifty infuriating minutes thought that it was because I had short-circuited the forum uploader. One other point: having come to the world of computers since living in France, I sometimes hesitate when it comes to the English technical jargon and so will have to get help.
Geoffrey

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 20:56 #2 

Jürgen
Geoffrey wrote:I did, however, come unstuck when trying to locate the forum attachment uploader. Where does it hide itself from simpletons like me?

Hello Geoffrey, just scroll a bit down when composing a post, then click on Upload attachment. Choose your file and click on Add the file ... ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 21:09 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
And then click place in line.
See even the experts miss a clickety click sometimes. :D :D

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 21:18 #4 

James.uk
Aha, so I will try to posta pic of my syergip6 turbo tuner innit............. :)

YAYY it worked... :lol:

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 22:27 #5 

Geoffrey
Thank you everybody. I asked a computer expert over here what I might be doing wrong (or indeed not doing at all) and when he saw the size of the photos I was trying to include, said that we already had the answer. The three photos I wanted to include are 2.83/2.75/3.97 ko respectively. Presumably this is the reason. We are now working on reducing the size and will soon find out whether the diagnosis is correct or not!
Geoffrey

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 14:30 #6