How sexy is this.......... by carlpenn

• Related topics: (no related topics)

carlpenn
No, not a hot babe in sight sorry............

This is a replica kit car built on - believe it or not - A Ford Sierra Sapphire........

The company who makes these no longer appear in any Searches, so possibly no longer exist, a shame really as anyone who loves Mustangs, can expect to be parting with at least £30k for a decent one (I have seen 1960's Mustangs sell for £70k !!)

I have always had a soft spot for Mustangs, not sure what it is about them.........But yummy !!

Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 19:22 #1 

SpongeBob
That's quite a kit car from a Sierra! :shock:

There's something about Mustangs, isn't there :) 8-) Now, if you owned a 260 then you're half-way there :roll:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 19:33 #2 

carlpenn
SpongeBob wrote:That's quite a kit car from a Sierra! :shock:

There's something about Mustangs, isn't there :) 8-) Now, if you owned a 260 then you're half-way there :roll:

Yh there sure is, I dont know what it is, maybe just the shape and the sound of that V8 ........ Dunno....... But I get all excited when I see one.

As for the kit, basically a Ford Sierra is chopped down to the floor pans, with Bulkhead in place and then the Kit just sits on top.........Bonded etc Just Google EM500R on Google images for more piccies :D
Upgrades:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 19:37 #3 

Dallas
Yep! Beautiful :o

... cant believe its sat on a Sierra Sapphire platform..... :o

I always liked the MK1 Ford Capri with its little Mustang quirks, so much cheaper too...

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 20:36 #4 

James.uk
Re How sexy is this........ = It's NOT!!! :P :whump:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 21:35 #5 

carlpenn
Dallas wrote:Yep! Beautiful :o

... cant believe its sat on a Sierra Sapphire platform..... :o

I always liked the MK1 Ford Capri with its little Mustang quirks, so much cheaper too...

The mk1 Capri was in my opinion the nicest of the Capri range. From an era when cars had style (excluding teh 75 lol)

Now, I used to own one of these beauties, influenced by American Muscle cars (very mustang in appearance)...(mine was in red).........Can anyone guess what make / model this is? This one is a fastback version, there was also a coupe ..

You may be surprised by the answer !! A very vague clue, the car has a long history in the sportscar world....... he he.....

Upgrades:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 23:21 #6 

Dallas
Capri's were great, I owned 3 in total...... :D

Now! that lovely Black bit of Muscle looks like the Toyota....... the early Celia was it? one was called the Liftback and I really really wanted one but I ended up with a Opel Manta...... :lol:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 23:27 #7 

carlpenn
Dallas wrote:Capri's were great, I owned 3 in total...... :D

Now! that lovely Black bit of Muscle looks like the Toyota thingy....... the early Celia was it?

Good man !!! Yeah, Its a Toyota Celica Mk1.. :D

Very, Very rare now and worth a lot of cash - one on Ebay for £7k at the moment :o

Another Toyota I love is the GT 2000 its the late 60's sports car looks like a Ferrari, beautiful interior too. Saw one for sale for £25,000 !! But it was a complete ground up resto job.

Heres a link to a site with one ;) http://www.oldtimergala.de/index.php?artid=282 Gorgeous !!
Upgrades:

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 23:34 #8 

Dallas
Great Stuff!

A colleague of mine had the Toyota liftback (Red with all the Chrome) I so wanted it, but I purchased a B1 Mustard Yellow Opel Manta Coupe as I thought it looked like the 1973 Corvette..... :( :em:

The Toyota is quite a real resemblance to the Original 1960's Mustang....... Stunning! :)

Posted 24 Oct 2010, 23:41 #9 

carlpenn
Dallas wrote:Great Stuff!

A colleague of mine had the Toyota liftback (Red with all the Chrome) I so wanted it, but I purchased a B1 Mustard Yellow Opel Manta Coupe as I thought it looked like the 1973 Corvette..... :( :em:

The Toyota is quite a real resemblance to the Original 1960's Mustang....... Stunning! :)

The Opel Manta was a cool looking car, I had a friend with one and my Wife's best friend had one 10 years ago, she sold hers, I should have made an offer as it went for peanuts and was in great condition :(

Now if you fancy getting your paws on a nice Mk1 Celica, I would point you here...............

View eBay item 150510870807

This looks very clean and has a long previous owner, so will very likely have been looked after and has very low mileage 76k !!. If I had the cash, I would certainly be popping over for a look.......... :D
Upgrades:

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 09:09 #10 

Tourerfogey
Some time back there was also a body kit available to supposedly make your Capri look like an Aston Martin DBS. There are also kits to make an MX5 look like a Ferrari. All very pretentious I'm afraid.

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 13:22 #11 

carlpenn
Tourerfogey wrote:Some time back there was also a body kit available to supposedly make your Capri look like an Aston Martin DBS. There are also kits to make an MX5 look like a Ferrari. All very pretentious I'm afraid.

Depends on your personal taste I suppose, not everyone likes Kit Cars, or perhaps cars made to look like something else etc, I did see on TV a Guy who built a Ford GT40 Kit car and it was stunning to see, the love and hard work clearly showed in his Kit, thing is, he probably paid less than one tenth the Value of a real GT40 and to be honest I preferred his to the real thing !!

Remember though, TVR started off as a sort of Kit Car.......... ;) Though after watching Wheeler Dealers and hearing about all the issues owners had with TVR's its clear to see why they went the way they did :(
Upgrades:

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 14:45 #12 

MrB
The KitCar I nearly had a go at was, by Paul Banham IIRC, one which turned a classic Mini into a Frogeye Sprite.

Simple cut it back to the floor pans and bolt a GRP body to it.

Was a great conversion.

EDIT - found some pics but can't find his site ... Image
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 10:12 #13 

Tourerfogey
Banhams also produced an Audi TT type body to bolt to a Metro floorpan. If the company no longer exists I can't say I'm surprised . . .

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 12:42 #14 

zojosc
Anyone know of a company that has a kit to turn my Raleigh Wisp into a Hummer lookalike? :?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 21:37 #15