How does parts pricing work then? by Duncan

Duncan
OK, so it's not for the 75 but it's Rover parts from Xpart all the same.

I've found a small plastic panel is missing inside the wing of the 45, on the drivers side. I removed the passenger side one and looked at the part number. Looked up the part, and it's £2.38 including vat. Excellent thinks I. So I look up the mirror image part to fit the drivers side. Just the same size, shape and so on, simply handed. Go on, take a guess.

£13.51.
Check out CLG100231 and CLG100221.

I guess I need to find one in a scrappers, if I ever get time to visit one. AAArgh

Posted 28 Sep 2011, 18:45 #1 

JohnDotCom
It's the supply and demand that causes most price fluctuations, or if XPart have had to have new tooling made for part as original maker gone!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 28 Sep 2011, 19:08 #2 

Duncan
I did wonder about that. But why would demand be so much higher for the drivers side one compared to passengers?

Maybe the reason mine is missing is the same as why they are expensive. Perhaps it was involved in a bump? If so, perhaps drivers side front is so much more common that passenger front?

Posted 28 Sep 2011, 19:15 #3 

PaulT
Certainly when Unipart were the distributors for Rover etc parts it was only when a part was reproduced did the price reflect the latest production cost.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Oct 2011, 06:34 #4 

Bermudan 75
I think one of the reasons for the price difference is that the offside region of all cars, is subject to more damage. Therefore parts are exhausted more quickly than the nearside.

Posted 08 Oct 2011, 09:09 #5