high line navi by steve price

steve price
going to take the system out of this car mg zt cdti+ chromatic shot silk,tbh im so p off im going to put a sony system in my car,if you look on ice thread you willget the jist of things,so the tv box,2x radio amplfier boxes,the nav screen unit,the nav disc unit with the nav disc,the c/d shuffler,the brackets in the boot,im not removing the wiring,2 recap,the whole system was working 10 days ago,the number plate holders were bodged by a mot station,since then the radio stopped working,auto lec guy said it was the radio amplifier thats why there are now 2,wi lack of savvy on my part and a auto lec that cant solve the issue i give up you guys can have first chance of the system,its then going on flea bay,
steve 07970473471,OFFERS INVITED

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 13:46 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Before you throw the baby out with the bath water.
I understand your frustration but a trip to the Midlands nano meet in July will in all probability result in a fully working system.

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 14:24 #2 

RichardGarner
It could be something as simply as a wire not connected. The hi line in my 190 did the same as yours (after reading your other thread on the subject). In mine it was just the little red white and yellow wire which had corroded off the connector. In your case I would say the eleccy guy didn't have enough knowledge on the system and could have disconnected the nav drive without waiting for the light to go out, or something to that extent. I can understand your frustration on the matter but there are many knowledgeable people on here who will be able to help.

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 15:18 #3 

Duncan
RichardGarner wrote:It could be something as simply as a wire not connected. The hi line in my 190 did the same as yours (after reading your other thread on the subject). In mine it was just the little red white and yellow wire which had corroded off the connector. In your case I would say the eleccy guy didn't have enough knowledge on the system and could have disconnected the nav drive without waiting for the light to go out, or something to that extent. I can understand your frustration on the matter but there are many knowledgeable people on here who will be able to help.

Yup, that was my suggestion. I'm not sure whether the spark trying to fix it didn't know what I meant.

One reccomendation: the wiring loom may be a pig to remove, but it's probably one of the most valuable bits as many people use upgraded BMW parts, but still need the wiring. It is possible to make your own, but you need all the parts and a lot of time.

I already have the hiline in my car, otherwise I might have wanted the bits.

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 17:01 #4 

steve price
thanx for everything but ive mademy mind up to remove the hi line nav,in any case the tom toms and such as probably better anyway,the nav unit did look nice in my mg zt cdti+ shot silk chromatic pearl gutted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 09:43 #5